Any shellac fans here

Aren’t they just !

VB

1 Like

They certainly are. Even pvc LPs are quite heavy. When we moved I made the mistake of ordering boxes that could accommodate 150 LPs. The removal men were well pissed at me when they saw that they 50 boxes to load and unload , it was such a struggle that I felt a £50 tip each was justified as they managed not to drop any and resorted to a two man lift for the unloading. :grimacing:

4 Likes

When I was moving back from France I planned on giving the movers a tip. When I went to retrieve the cash from the wardrobe I found that one of them had nicked it. Oh the irony.

1 Like

When sorting records for a charity a few years ago I must have binned tons of shellac, on one occasion the lorry really struggled to lift the skip.
Mainly classical and opera and of no interest to anyone at the time, who wants a forty record set of an opera?

1 Like

I hope you told them.

I didn’t as I don’t like confrontation and I couldn’t see anything good coming from it. I opted to wait and see how the move went with a view to contacting the management afterwards if anything else went missing. It didn’t so I let it go as I wasn’t actually out of pocket.

I would have to have mentioned that they would have had a tip if one of them hadn’t nicked it :face_with_raised_eyebrow: