Anyone ran live polling in meetings?

I’ve got an interesting session with a bunch of GPs coming up and I think live polling on a set number of questions would be a good way to both get free and anonymous views, but also show them visually just how aligned they are or not on certain key issues.

Anybody set this up before? Recommend a platform? Just needs to be reliable, easy to set up and allow people to download an app on their phones in advance etc. Cheap is good but not necessary.

Yes all the time - Mentimeter

1 Like

Openreach use Mentimeter with Webex, seems to work very well and fairly logical

Here’s some from a webex a few months ago

Also works with Zoom, but I’ve never used it that way

Thanks. Just to add this will be an in person meeting (about 40-50 attendees).

Pah, no wonder these GPs aren’t doing f2f appointments, spending all their time talking to bloody management consultants…

Not between 6.30 to 8.30 pm they’re not :wink:

1 Like

they can use a smartphone to respond online during the meeting.

1 Like

just run it as you would online, and get ppl to access online on a device

1 Like

Thanks guys I’m just reading up how to integrate this with a few PPT slides I’ve put together to help shape the discussion.

If in person, Slido?

That’s kind of the opposite approach to software development.

People doing most modern methodologies would assign story points (or T-shirt sizes etc. etc.) to a task so as to get a handle on how much work the team can accept for the next sprint (etc. etc).

Everyone lobs in (just via the chat function on Teams or whatever) their opinion. Outliers are asked to explain being over or under, given that they may have more experience of the matter in hand, or may have thought of something that others haven’t.

Anyway, just the chat function of your favourite meeting software.

We run polls all the time but just use the functionality in Teams.

We used to use Slido for big audiences where not everyone was logged in individually (conference type meetings).

That’s the absolute opposite of what a bunch of GPs would feel comfortable doing! They’d walk out!

1 Like

Software engineers can sometimes be a reasonable and pragmatic bunch.

Unfortunately they’ll then view weak polymorphism as a resignation matter.

Having reviewed many 1000s of research studies as chair of an Ethics committee responsible for Health, Science, Engineering & Technology, the approaches to eliciting opinions and requirements of the various areas differ from discipline to discipline in technique and expectation massively. Thats not to say some x-over would be welcome.

I think the approach will be determined by context and the expected outcomes - is it systematic requirements elicitation or opinion to determine services or policy?

More this.

We seek to understand the starting point for practice partners (x15 practices) who make up a network, and gauge their alignment on the existing situation, need for change, and strength of their appetite to invest time and money in adapting what they do and how they work together.

1 Like

exactly what i would have thought.

Interestingly i am joint lead of a project here - which is evaluating practice, looking at alignment (or not) and a need for change to enhance transparency and fairness. We have run 4 workshops to collect information facilitated by an external organisation, plus elicited many samples of practice. Yesterday we presented to the project sponsor and our CapEx request for software was approved. The project moves on.

1 Like

@crimsondonkey if you wanted something more interactive (virtual whiteboard/virtual postit notes etc) then we have used Miro Online Whiteboard & Visual Collaboration Platform | Miro

very successfully for gathering anonymous opinions. Of course this relies on the participants having a laptop available.

1 Like