Architecture

only probably Britain’s most famous Architect. meh, nothing to shout about…
His buildings at Leicester Uni are immense (red brick series), few years back we (my practice) built a medical school there and I was intimidated to say the least.

lucky bugger.

Mind you the builder of our apartments run out of money and could not finish them. Now of course they are Grade II.

1 Like

without sounding like a weirdo, would be good to have a look at some point. At your place I mean. Just expect some strange architect-rubbing-concrete shenanigans, similar to Vic Reeves rubbing his thighs.

No problem as I said I need to do some redecorating first.

James Gowan was his partner on this one.

1 Like

That’s a listed building?

FML

6 Likes

Erm…, Lutyens, Pugin, Rennie Mackintosh, Foster…? And what was the other fella? Named after a bird or summat?

Oh yes, Wren.

1 Like

Can’t believe I’ve managed to start an arch based debate here, brilliant. Should have probably pre-empted that with the modern era, Rogers and Foster would have a hard time besting in many people’s opinion.

Hallway.

1 Like

Brutal

3 Likes

ism

FFS

2 Likes

fantastic.

1 Like

Not to denigrate it or anything, but it looks, ahh, erm, a bit council… :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Emperors new clothes.

It’s a fucking brick passage

2 Likes

People actually come from all over the world to visit :heart_eyes:

Really? I didn’t realise the RNIB did field trips.

5 Likes

Mostly student Architects.

Architecture, like all art is a matter of taste. Best left there I have found in many instances, some appreciate modern architecture, some don’t.
prince-charles

Great. Another generation of brick passages then.

Poundbury presents an excellent case for Prince Charles being utterly clueless. Hideous mess.

Stirling:

Foster:

zayed-national-museum