Aren’t Empires wonderful things?

I am guessing if you can afford the pig ugly hifi, you can afford airconditioning.

1 Like

Cyprus, Palestine and I’m thinking Ireland too but you knew that :grinning:

1 Like

I think that Cyprus wasn’t (much) our fault - it was largely an issue between Greeks and Turks. Obviously we didn’t help much, but it was a lost cause before we stuck our oar in.

Cyprus became independent from Britain in 1960 and partition took place in 1974 so I think you’re right that it wasn’t our fault but I studied this stuff quite a while ago and don’t remember the details.

I thought it was a bit of a scam, remember being told that the British Army & RAF were charging the UN a huge amount of money to be there as a “peacekeeping force”

The UN are the peacekeepers in Cyprus not the British.

Commies!

The British had sovereign bases in Cyprus but were being paid by the UN to perform peacekeeping duties alongside the UN but not under the UN remit.

The Army & RAF have only recently started getting the UN peacekeeping medal for Cyprus, prior to the late 90’s it was the GSM (general service medal)

I was told this arrangement was so the Govt could charge the UN a small fortune.

It was a great posting until some muppet green jacket decided to wrap a shovel around a girls head.

awaiting obligatory Python “what have the Romans ever done for us?” quote

PS vikings weren’t invading, nor even a race

They were fucking quick at rowing though

2 Likes

The brish pioneered the subjugation of people through addiction. Opium from India, sold to China led to us getting good old Hong Kong. The Americans did similar with Whiskey to the Indians. The British again with the Aborigines. Bestowing a cuntish affliction on native peoples is immeasurably cruel but highly effective. Trump’s ruse to export dumb is equally mind numbing.
Stronzetto places his full glue stock in these tactics with plans to seize whats left of the hearts and minds of Plymouth and beyond.

3 Likes