Automatic driving aids

The last courtesy car I drove had the lane assist thing. The garage didnt warn me about it and I had a near miss.

I was in the outside lane chugging along and someone flew up behind me, I knew my place so started moving over to the inside lane. About to doff my cap when the car chucked me back in to the outside lane just as matey was accelerating …

1 Like

perhaps we’ll all move to Norfolk

1 Like

I’m holding on for The Fifth Element spec before I buy again.

Love the cruise, control, on my Renault when I have to drive through the 20 miles of fucking 50 mph roadworks on the M27. Bastards have been dicking around for over a year and it’s due to remain in place til March. All because some twat decide we should have a so called smart motorway.

My tarraco has,
My 9 year old noticed it first. As a shit driver these things are the start of the help I need. It will stop when they drive themselves.

I pray I pray more

Sorry, totally lost in translation. A wee dram too many ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Driving aids my dear boy not reading aids

Cruise control or limiter are almost vital these days with so many cameras, ad-hoc speed restrictions and un-cut hedgerows.

I have auto park on my mini, used it twice to show the kids but I do rarely parallel park it’s not much use. The camera and beepers are magic though. Spaces are so tight these days

limiter is so useful. I have never used cruise control.

yep - only have a reversing cam and all-around sensors on this iteration of pork. Prev pork had 360 degree cams - so useful…

Cruise control is great as are automatic windscreen wipers and headlights.
ABS shouldn’t be undervalued or taken for granted these days either.

yes as well.

I do like my steering wheel as well. Indicators are a waste of time

1 Like

I always avoid parking in them, if I can… Not only because two door/coupe type cars have long doors, so getting my bulk in/out is shit, but mostly because of cuntz not being careful when they open their doors next to you.

This especially applies to cuntz with kids. When mine were small, they learned to be careful when opening their doors if our car was parked close to another, cos Daddy mentioned it every time :+1:

5 Likes

yes indeed - although having a convertible makes entry and egress much easier…

1 Like

Yes good call, steering wheels are brilliant.:+1:

4 Likes

2 Likes

That’ll be handy when I next go to Aldi.

2 Likes

And never argue with her again…

1 Like

Ikea?

I might throw myself under the car rather than to actually physically shop in an Ikea. A double bonus of not going to our local Ikea is not going to Warrington. Never willingly go to Warrington.

4 Likes

I have found I don’t have to strain to see traffic lights when i am the first car at some junctions.

The car’s screen displays traffic lights as it sees them, and the little lights turn green at the same time as the real ones.

Which is nice.

Yet to buy a sentry mode hard drive, which doesn’t stop people opening doors on you… but at least you can see them do it when you get back to the car!