Automatic driving aids

One of my customers has got one. He parked it with its rear tight against a wall in the car park next door when he came to collect his amps. As he was walking back to the car he pressed something on his key fob which caused the car to start and to drive forwards far enough for him to get the rear open, so he could put the amps in. All on its own - no-one inside. He said it was sensing any obstacles in front so wouldn’t have driven into anything (another car, a building, a small child …). It was handy I suppose, but you have to have faith.

VB

Summons mode. It drives to you.
There is the simple one we have that just goes in a straight line (effectively to get it out a garage), or the advanced one that’s an optional extra.
The advanced one just drives to you when you mark an x on a map (limited to 200ft line of sight).
Saves messing with tight door clearances.

4 Likes

“Kit drive the nearest vinyl shop I has the want for a new record”

1 Like

Why didn’t he just send the car to get them?
You could have put the amps in the car for him

I mean you don’t have a car and drive yourself!

Good point.

I suspect his is like Steve’s, so it can only drive straight ahead. That could work in California. But getting from N London to here without use of the steering wheel is going to upset some people. Plus I wouldn’t be able to turn it round and a 24,000 mile return journey might be a bit much even for a new battery :grin:.

VB

2 Likes