Warning! This thread contains massive spoilers for the film

OK so this alleged non goof:

Thanos being removed from 2014 would not prevent the events of Infinity War, as The Ancient One clearly stated that making changes to the timeline creates other alternate timelines.

SPOILER: When 2014 Thanos arrives in the present day (thanks to 2014 Nebula) this would create a time paradox - as Thanos no longer exists in the past the events of Avengers: Infinity War would not come to pass. Thanos would not be around to collect the Infinity Stones and the Snap would not happen. Akin to the ‘Grandfather Paradox’ The other explanation for this is the events of Endgame create a slightly alternate timeline, whereby the events of the MCU remain unchanged and cannon while a new alternative timeline has been created in another reality whereby Thanos disappears from events in 2014 and the Infinity War storyline does not take place - similar to the conversation between Bruce Banner and The Ancient One.

I don’t buy it. Removing Thanos from 2014 and bringing him forward to 2019 means that the grandfather paradox is broken. If the stuff about alternative timelines holds, which is clearly bollocks, then there was no need to put the infinity stones back in time to where they were.

Also, Cap had no time machine, he only had a “space time GPS locator” thing, and no means of space travel either. How could he actually have put them back?

Seems nonsense to me. I know it’s not real, but I think that these are real plot holes.

I guess the response might be that only one copy of the Infinity Stones can exist in the universe or it’ll break or something.

The Cap issue stands though.

It seems that you are the only one who cares :unamused:

3 Likes

Probably, but it did annoy me!

The last movie was just about the biggest load of cock ever. Everybody died. Now they are all coming back to life. :smirk: I expect I’ll have to take the male FOL to see it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Except that there is the point in the film where Cap and Stark enter co-ordinates on their suits and travel in both time and space, back to where Stark meets his Dad. So the suits have the capacity to travel in time and space in their own right.

At the end of the end credits the device holding the 7th infinity stone was a Schumann generator.

3 Likes

So there WAS something at the end of the credits then?! Bastards! The cleaning staff came in and insisted there was nothing at the end of the credits on this one, so everyone left.

Please describe in detail!

1 Like

1 Like

You’re all missing the big question.
Why was Sodders in it swinging a big axe around?

1 Like

Nah, it was clearly The Dude aka Lebowski.

3 Likes