BBQing Diary

just don’t stand on red hot coals in a pair of Crocs…

I did that last year in a pair of flip-flops. I have never jumped so high!

I realised after the sole of my food was getting hot and I could smell the melting crocs. Crocs have quite thick soles so it didn’t go straight through, luckily.

Mind you I did take the shoe off, have a look and promptly tried to prise the hot coal out with my fingers - that hurt…

3 Likes

Jeez ! Even I’m not that stupid :smirk:

1 Like

…and you’re the acting Dean of a university…ffs :smirk:

3 Likes

any way my error means shiny new crocs on their way

and Louise has these coming

http://www.famousfootwear.com/ProductImages/shoes_ia51484.jpg

Meat men - I’m thinking of entering the world of faff cooking. Would the below be a good place to start?

That’s a small grill area imo.

The Weber dimensions of 57cm (22.5") give a lot more flexibility. Do they do a larger one?

I know nothing about BBQ, but that thing looks like a drone with an eating disorder.

What could possibly go wrong?

2 Likes

They do a 24" but it’s double the money.

2 Likes

‘Buy cheap, buy twice’ young man

Financial Fair Play rules come in to play in my house. Especially as I’ve just done a skip full of pounds on a new Panny 55" OLED and soundbar

Heresy on here I know, but I’m a fair weather BBQ’er and so in that scenario plenty of time to save up until the frost and rain abates…

1 Like

That Kamado would suit you very nicely, you could get a decent bag of mung beans in it no problem. :+1:

3 Likes

With a spinach and aubergine rub :+1:

3 Likes

The insulation with ceramic would be very cool but as others have said, I think you may want a bigger one if you want to cook anything bigger than a chicken. That is the same size as my Weber kettle and a spatchcocked bird only just goes on it.

I’ve just bought a Weber 57cm from the charity shop - £5.00. It hasn’t got a thermometer so 'll have to work that out if it’s needed.

6 Likes

Excellent purchase! 5 quid! I honestly think the thermometer in the lid is pants anyway. Get a digital probe one that you can leave in the food and measures at grill level.

I’d love a 57 Weber :+1:

3 Likes

:+1::wink: