BBQing Diary

A couple of questions: does it do fucking hot and if so how?

480c/900f ish.

We have home made pizza night regularly, with my oven at max they usually cook in 8-10 mins, the uuni took about 3 mins a pizza last night in the howling wind.

2 Likes

Oof!! Very cool. :+1:

Just had a brief Googly, very interesting. I’m skint atm but I may be into one when I’ve got dosh. Would you mind posting your successes/thoughts etc here? Very interested. :+1::blush:

I will next time I fire it up.

I have fancied one since they first came out, it when I saw one in person in John Lewis I couldn’t resist.

1 Like

Bring to powder mills? :grinning:

1 Like

Sure.

2 Likes

Not heard of them before but could be the answer to my prayers. We haven’t had a pizza sesh for a while and it’s mostly because I need next level results. It seems a bit extreme (even to me) to build one when the bloody thing will require a sizable pile of wood just to cook a couple of pizzas. This looks great!

1 Like

I’ve had my eye on for a while just the cost has put me off and testing the results

Used the Uuni dough recipe, doubled up makes 10 pizzas. Less water than I usually use, 10 mins on setting 2 in the Kenwood with the dough hook.

Got it fired up with a torch, gave it 15-20mins to heat up while watching the pellets.

It uses about a cup of pellets per pizza I reckon. The 10kg bag should be good for 40-50 pizzas.

This was the first pizza, gave it 2 mins and it was a bit over done, the rest were given 1:30 turning at 45 seconds.

Soon learnt you need to quite sparse on the toppings especially the fresh mozerella.

With the high heat even the grated mozerlla tasted nice and went all stringy. The bases also cooked evenly with the top and went nice and crispy.

Really pleased with it, 10 pizzas done with just enough faff. The pellet box isn’t perfect you have to give it a poke every now and then to stop it jamming.

17 Likes

Reading Low and Slow at the moment :grinning:

3 Likes

Wowzer ! Great results.

I look forward to more pictures…will you be bringing to lopwell??

Isn’t there a pizza oven there?

It’s a bit small and also I want to see the uuni in action, selfish reasons mostly

More than happy to bring it along.

1 Like

There is a pizza oven but it takes an age to get it up to temp. Yours will be an order of magnitude better. :+1:

I’m wondering if this thing makes a high enough temp to properly cook pasteis de nata…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

For Lopwell we may have to ask Matt to make a flying visit to the Lisbon bakery & bring emergency rations.

5 Likes

It’s got to be worth a try. :grinning: I have a Portuguese friend who’s wife is a fantastic cook. I’ll ask him for a trad recipe. :+1:

1 Like