Beautiful Things

NGC 4321 - a truly mind-bending estimate of 100 billion stars

8 Likes

82km wide ice-filled Korolev crater on Mars taken by the ESA’s Mars Express mission

6 Likes

That’s not water ice, surely must be CO2?

Maybe not ?

Wow!

Now all we need is a suitably cheap barn nearby.

VB

It’ll probably be quicker than getting to Lopwell for me.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/i_iove_nature

great news , forced marriage is quite a problem

Forgot I had this. One of the trucks in work was parked inside overnight. A mixture of oil and water dripping down.

7 Likes

Hull planking.

6 Likes

Sounds like Yorkshire foreplay

5 Likes

Sams first fish tank with fish and stuff.

5 Likes

You said it was going to be tropical… I feel cheated :confused:

Did I? I’ve slept since then and forgotten obviously!

4 Likes

Worked on those ugly things. They were a bitch to work on.

Stunning though ! Remember the day after the Prestwick airshow when I was a kid, helping out clearing up, and the phantom did a proper low pass with the burners on :sunglasses:

They were a big lump. If they needed to use the burners, on takeoff, because they were heavily loaded, they would have to refuel in flight, to be able to do any decent length mission.
It didn’t fly, as much as get pushed around by the engines. Glides like a copter, ie, a rock.

4 Likes

The blurb:

On January 1 New Horizons encountered the Kuiper Belt object nicknamed Ultima Thule. Some 6.5 billion kilometers from the Sun, Ultima Thule is the most distant world ever explored by a spacecraft from Earth. This historic image, the highest resolution image released so far, was made at a range of about 28,000 kilometers only 30 minutes before the New Horizons closest approach.

5 Likes