Beautiful Things

Where?

This one is about 6ft tall and called Zavion. It seems that the artist moves it around. He is based on Orcas Island, just on the US side of the US/Canada border in Washington state. His website is
https://www.howeart.net/

That’s fabulous.

Some great you tubes on him

1 Like

Prairie Smoke flowers.

10 Likes

40 posts were split to a new topic: Finally, thank Jesus, the Boys’ Own Book of Aeroplanes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Finally, thank Jesus, the Boys’ Own Book of Aeroplanes

This had parked itself mid-trail during the week, no idea what sort of moth but had the look of a mini Barn Owl. Moved it off into the long grass where it likely wouldn’t get trodden on. Can’t imagine it’d last long, the Rooks and Jackdaws are regular in the fields and it wasn’t inconspicuous

5 Likes

Rain drops on the smoke tree in our garden.

4 Likes

Taken from the 2nd floor of my house out of the Velux at the back with my phone. Looks like something from Stranger Things - 80’s vibe, waiting for the rip in the space time continuum to bring madness to all.

11 Likes

Also:

Snapped this on the way past when doing the C2C. Must have stood there looking for 10 minutes or more while my cycling companions grew bored and took the piss… What I picture in my head when I need to go to my ‘happy place’ which is often these days.

I actually have no clue as to where it is - I think it may be Derwent water it’s certainly one of the lakes around there.

3 Likes

Mine is at the edge of bassenthwaite just past st begas. Although the same view from the top of Dodd wood is a nice alternative.

Not the best Lake District views but just work for me :ok_hand:

1 Like

This little fella was on the path this afternoon, upside down, showing off.

Ground Beetle? Seems big for a GB

1 Like

Difficult to see from that pic, but the size and shape are right for a Dor Beetle, aka dung beetle.

1 Like

More bugs. Rescued this indoors before the cat got it. Southern Hawker I’d guess.

Even the eldest who isn’t a bug fan commented on its beauty

17 Likes

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=2f28400ba3&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1708922200322651724&th=17b74fafdb02b64c&view=att&disp=safe

Link not working for me.

It’s the Shiki-Shima train from Japan.

Very smart, but expensive. Like a 21c version of the Orient Express.

2 Likes

That looks amazing.