Beautiful Things

15 Likes

That is strangely satisfying. I’d have yellow footprints all over the shop if I was let loose on that.

I’m going to get some custard and give it a go.

4 Likes

Try it on your neighbours drive first

1 Like

Babylonian stone weight unit (1 mina = 480g) made of haematite in the shape of a grasshopper - hand-carved between 1800 and 1700 BCE

20 Likes

Stunning

1 Like

Lovely thing

7 Likes

Amber bear amulet of neolithic hunter found in Slupsk Poland.

18 Likes

Rang alarm bells until I saw it came from a peat bog. Funny stuff amber - Baltic stuff like this is ~45 million years old, but once out of its original environment it can break down and disintegrate if reburied in the wrong stuff, so often doesn’t survive, or survives badly, but peat is very much the right stuff for it to be reburied in.

Gorgeous little thing.

1 Like

This :+1:

1 Like

Exquisite

1 Like

My latest pen, Edison Collier Persimmon Swirl

13 Likes

A tale of two ceilings… A delayed return from Lopwell took me via Exeter cathedral and Killerton park

and

The outsides

and

The latter seems to have been the home of the family’s pet bear in the early 1800s!

14 Likes

That’s where it’s at…

A fucking quilted ceiling.

1 Like

The only way a brown ceiling can be even better?

4 Likes

Fingers crossed the bear still shat in the actual woods, rather than the wooden house. Then again, given the colour of everything …

1 Like

Well, sort of rush matting, with pine cone decorations. It looked very nice, though I’m not sure I’d want my house done that way.

Go for it, get some cheap king size quilts and staple them to the lounge ceiling. :+1:

1 Like

Or this, from internet history.
http://www.bubblegun.com/toons/knife/91.htm

I missed a bloody trick there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can get brown ones you know :grin: