Best ply for a layered plinth

Troo dat :grin:

1 Like

There was a bloke - Cat squirrel that did vibration tests and reckoned that a cast resin and cat litter was a great material for cast plinths he did tests with slate panzerholtz and stuff - I think Bob C had a go at one

Yes cat squirrels experiments were most instructive and the resin impregnated with bentonite clay was noted to be a very useful combination. It was also noted that bamboo was superior to slate and ply. Interestingly frank Schroder also used bamboo to good effect.

Might of done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very impressive, how did it sound? Do you still have the template Bob?

Yea, it’s a fricking pig to machine after though and needs a modification to the mix to make it tougher.

Timboo - a form of man made bamboo board. The bamboo is shredded and then cooked at pressuure, releasing natural resins, formed into various sizes. again a pig to work. I use it to mass load part of my plinths.

I’ll have a look and see if i have the template, might have kept it.

Bobc !!

1 Like

You needed a better arm!

I have the best part of a sheet of 18mm WBP ply would that be suitable?

I think that just the glue used, with this use you also want nice even layers. Does your ply have these?

Yes it’s high quality hardwood joinery ply.

Trump ply is the best ply. Really good. The best.

2 Likes

Seriously, believe him - the best, everybody says so. Close sources know it - Believe him. don’t trust the internet - he knows

Don’t trust fake-ply.

If he makes it out of that it’s going to be beautiful, just beautiful. it’ll make the Denon great,really really great. Bigly.

2 Likes

That would be alt-ply.

2 Likes

Mpingo ply.

Come ply with me, come ply…lets ply away…

1 Like

Mpingo? Bingo! Close the thread :grinning:

Fuck right off and take your coat with you. :+1: