Bitcoin / other crapto trading

It wouldn’t matter now though would it!

I know someone who built some computers to mine bitcoin (is that the right jargon?) , they worked and he has a chunk of bitcoin but he didn’t factor in the utility cost - they burnt through about £20k of electricity and also started to melt his concrete floor :grinning:

He’s no doubt having the last laugh now.

Foresight tells me it’s only going one way.

Is that like how Brexit would only have upsides?

3 Likes

I’m not mining anything.
I’d just get an app and buy a load and sell it online. Dabble.
If it doubled I’d cash half out.

I’m not looking for confirmation of my decision. Anyone with a background in finance is telling me they should keep rising.
I can see the risks. Or I’d not be hesitating.

1 Like

HODL!

1 Like

What’s the reasoning. If they can’t give you clear explanation why they think that, that isn’t just “because it will” then you might want to think about whether their advice is worth anything.

People “in finance” are generally responsible for things like stock price bubbles and subsequent crashes.

3 Likes

The problem I have is that those who are advising me (elsewhere) have a vested interest. That interest isn’t so bad as to gain from shilling it to me, but it’s enough to cloud their view. So I am wary but not put off.

I asked here not to gain the stuff I can get from google, or the bloke next door, I hoped someone might have “city” contacts who could articulate a slightly more evidenced outlook.

It’s a fact that a friend bought into one of these at pennies, and it’s now pounds. He is 50x up but won’t sell as he only sees more growth. That’s confidence.

(Or tax worries!)

No.

But hey, Boomers will be Boomers.

Isn’t it’s value almost secondary to it’s utility, large transactions outside the normal financial rules. Home of drug lords, gun runners and assorted billionaires of dubious background.

Right up until the point that they don’t :rofl:

These people in finance going to tell you when that point is are they? Didn’t think so.

Not trying to put you off but…

The question you face is whether circumastances, luck and some knowledge/ skill are to some extent the same/ or different for you.

I guess like any punt, only put in what you don’t mind losing.

What platform were you planning to use? have you looked at the transfer/exchange prices?

What about the Tax implications?

Coinbase seems safe enough.

I bailed last week :rofl:

2 Likes

Kraken are a good exchange I think.

Coin base is the the app and platform my b in l uses

I kind of see Bitcoin as like a glory hole at a truck stop on the A1. You could end up with the most amazing experience of your life, but how much are you willing to poke though.

7 Likes

Yeah

Most recent update is that chainlink could spike in May.
So I think I will dabble and see what the next few months brings. My isa is worth sod all in interest.

As for a wealth manager, I have had private client training as part of my legal studies and know that there is no science to any recommendations beyond the genetic risk / reward and duration of time you want to Invest for.

It is really ALL about inside knowledge. I made a ton on some shares once and it was all down to an employee and some factual stuff that was from the horses mouth.
Winners tend to have “intelligence” (my other speciality) and information is power.
The rest is a roulette wheel for the casual punter.

Do it
Take your profits and come back here and gloat!

1 Like

I can give him some lessons in that if you like.:smiling_imp: