Bose Wave equivalent in '24?

Sorry for the “B”-word, feels Rong putting it in the hifi section…

Anyway, good friend has one - it’s fucked: does anyone make an all-in-1 that includes both a CD player and built-in speaker nowadays?

Bose don’t, and she’s leery of going for refurb. The unit’s lived and died in her kitchen for the last decade, so it’s basically a bleb of resinous grease in the approx shape of a Bose shitbox, so I ain’t fixin that shit…

Her old man is a worse technophobe than me, and none too bright, so he’s never going to figure-out how shit like Bluetooth works…

They ain’t poor, but don’t go suggesting Steepletone… She’s HIGHLY resistant to bigger boxes and multiboxes - so no separates. These people are Normal.

1 Like

Technics do one, no idea what it sounds like though.
Technics SC-C70MK2 (Silver) | Wireless Music System | Richer Sounds

So do Ruark
Ruark Audio R3S (Walnut) | Wireless and CD Music System | Richer Sounds

Loewe klang s3 Smart Radio & CD Player (petertyson.co.uk)

Nice one, well, three, ta :+1:

Tested both of these- I think the Ruark would be a better choice. The Technics is good but YUGE and the interface is clunky.

2 Likes

We have the Ruark RS3 in the kitchen. It’s great but it has a lot of “smart” features such as wi-fi, Spotify Connect, Deezer, Amazon Music, optical in, etc. You select an input by scrolling through all the other options. If they’re both technophobes, the Ruark might be overkill for their needs.

1 Like

I presume they’re looking for something a bit more hi-end but, if not, this is actually quite a decent wee thing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BGM6J28R?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

1 Like

Brilliant, cheers chaps! :+1: I have passed your recommendations on, and am confident she will go-out and buy a fishing rod or a set of spoons or something - the horse is at the water, but will probably die of thirst… :wink:

3 Likes

Is she a member here? would fit in well.

3 Likes