Dear God, I’ve not asked you for much in life, but please make this happen

5 Likes

Great track

1 Like

https://www.yourdictionary.com/snollygoster

1 Like

1 Like

Despite sending a no confidence letter, Nadine Dorries is saying

“I personally don’t want to be seen to be responsible for ousting our 2nd female PM”

Following her no MEP’s comments the other day, you have to wonder how she’s allowed out in public without a carer.

Who the fuck votes for something like that?

5 Likes

Gammon. Just deluded gammon. :frowning_face::confused:

1 Like

I was wondering when that one would rear its ugly head. Can’t fault Spain, they’ve timed it perfectly.

1 Like

New brexit minister arrives for work

I’m led to believe Spain doesn’t have a veto on the vote, so it will make little difference.

2 Likes

Ah, bollox

I thought that it had to be passed by all EU countries

I can’t find the article now, but read it on BBC website this morning. That’s no guarantee that it’s right though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Looking at the FT it seems they can. I’ve also found the BBC article and the no veto comment has been removed!

The Independent says

last year Spain got a special clause included in the council’s Brexit guidelines stating that “no agreement between the EU and the United Kingdom may apply to the territory of Gibraltar without the agreement between the Kingdom of Spain and the United Kingdom”. This was widely interpreted at the time as a veto.

So now I have no idea

The Forces network says

The deal has to be decided by a majority vote, meaning Spain doesn’t have a veto, but realistically Brussels will want all of the member states to back the agreement.

Help!

it’s not as if Spain is asking for much. the wording in the deal is fucking wooly to say the least and Spain just wants to make sure that future talks are bi lateral and not Eu to UK when it comes to Gib. Spain will get what it wants.

Yep it’s complicated: https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-veto-brexit-deal/

So the Withdrawal deal cannot be vetoed, but the future relationship / free trade agreement probably can be.

Given how the EU works, they would probably accept whatever Spain proposed - why wouldn’t they keep the remaining member sweet? Nobody else cares, so they would do what Spain wanted.

1 Like

The only reason not to would be if they thought they could get away with trading this for something they want more. I wonder how much more access for their fishing boats they might want ?

VB

Yeah, we want to overfish them ourselves once the pesky EU can’t regulate it.