Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Well I suppose it had to come. The remainers and the RoI government argue that the GFA obliges the signatories to maintain an open border and that that means that NI, at least, and the whole UK (if we don’t want to separate NI off) has to effectively stay in the CU after we’ve left. Now the leavers, in the person of Trimble, argue that the GFA obliges us not to separate NI off and that since we are going to leave then effectively forcing us to behave as if we hadn’t (i.e. forcing us to accept the backstop) is ‘obviously’ inconsistent.

VB

Only if you want to comply with international law. So Rees-Mogg is dead happy to have hard Brexit and no border (ie respect for GFA) because he doesn’t give two hoots about the law.

I think he’d also be content to have the border administered by some combination of remote technical and administrative processes. After all ‘taking back control’ does include the word ‘control’. It’s just a shame a) that adequate processes don’t exist and b) that the effective ‘distance’ that that would put between the north and the south would feel to the republicans like a backward step, and if anything really is going to restart the trouble then that’ll be what does it.

VB

It seems to me that the whole Irish issue is the proverbial “immovable object meeting an unstoppable force”. There ISN’T a solution. No matter how much bleating about “technology” solving it, it can’t be solved, while meeting the obligations in both directions. Ergo, Brexit isn’t actually possible.

And then Britain becomes a rogue state - which is what the hard-liners really want. A pirate economy respecting nothing but profit.

Or Brexit is possible and a solution to the Irish issue isn’t.

VB

Well, yes :grimacing:

Yep

Exclusive: Secret No-Deal Brexit Plan To Slash Tariffs On All Imports

Lunacy. Everything from agriculture through manufacturing would be annihilated. More to the point, why would any other country reciprocate?

1 Like

The solution to the Irish border problem is simple. Border poll followed by re-unification. Get that right up you Arlene. :+1:

2 Likes

We need to be careful. Other countries will gather together & insist we hold elections in 8 days or they’ll impose a new leader of their choosing on us.

5 Likes

I’m hoping for the firm hand of Gillian Anderson.

3 Likes

Jeebus, I’ve gone AGAIN !!

:tired_face:

1 Like

As much as I believe in the eventual peaceful re-unification of Ireland, I would be concerned that a substantial minority of the PUL community might want to relocate to the west of Scotland where their ‘culture’ still thrives to a certain extent. This would not be a good thing for the cause of independence in Scotland.

1 Like

Whatever happens Funzie, like Switzerland will be immune to the blips of Brexit. Gambling and perversions will continue unabated.

Apply for a visa now - only £999, available direct form the Mayor of Funzie’s P.A

Call us now and ask us how:

Or visit www.stronzettogotanewjob.co.uk

4 Likes

As a remainer and with strongly held beliefs in maintaining a strong EU relationship my preference would be a strong and lasting liason with Heidi Klum.

We can but hope.:+1:

3 Likes

I think we’d have to start imprisoning and torturing political opponents before that happens. I have half an idea thta the international community would turn a blind eye if we placed BoJo on the rack

1 Like

“UK discovers the worlds largest oil reserve under Runcorn”

…Would jolly things along quite nicely

1 Like