Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

The Indy again, with application of heavy, heavy, heavy sarcasm.

:confused:

3 Likes

For example, the nurses have gone several years without a rise, because of a pay cap imposed by Bulgarians.

2 Likes

Yep, and Ronald McDonald is Romanian which explains why staff in Maccas are grossly underpaid…

Mark Steel being extra Mark Steel this week

1 Like

Gonna make an exception and call a woman a cunt

4 Likes

Exports are up! Hurrah!

1 Like

In the interests of fair play…

£5bn? They need to try harder, they’re doing a poor job compared to the Labour party.

Reported in 2007 -

· Between 1999 and 2006, the government licensed the export of £500m of military-related equipment to China, which is under an EU arms embargo

· In 2001, the government exported an air traffic control system to Tanzania which the World Bank said was unsuitable for the country’s needs and was overpriced at £28m

· Britain has agreed to sell Saudi Arabia 72 Eurofighter aircraft in a deal worth an estimated £10bn

· British Scorpion tanks were used in demonstrations in which protestors were killed in Indonesia in 1998. The following year, the Indonesian air force flew British Hawk jets to intimidate the population of East Timor, which has since gained independence

· British arms worth more than £130m have been licensed for export to Iraq since the invasion in 2003

· The Labour government has licensed more than £110m worth of military equipment to Israel

3 Likes
1 Like

I read that the other day. I thought this was excellent:

At the moment Britain is in a strange position where we seem to be sanguine about foreigners owning our infrastructure, we just don’t want them picking our fruit.

The other matter of the Scouser’s foreskin is probably valid too…:scream:

2 Likes

I liked the bit about David Davis being the kind of negotiator who’d end up paying full price for a DFS sofa. :joy:

10 Likes

I see that hell froze over last night and Dennis Skinner voted with the Tories on a Brexit bill.

Perhaps it’s time for a realisation that the both main parties need to split off and form two new ones each - one pro EU, one anti.

The old lines of division seem inadequate or defunct.

This is all notwithstanding the LibDems are unable to gain any traction during this clusterfuck.

1 Like

FB_IMG_1505242736300

6 Likes

Malcolm Tucker‏ (on twattter)

“Fuckity night to Dennis Skinner’s integrity.
It’s been a good run but this time pal, you’re a rebel without applause.”

"Although they received five million more votes than in the previous election, the Nazis failed to gain an absolute majority in parliament, and depended on the 8% of seats won by their coalition partner, the German National People’s Party, to reach 52% in total.

To free himself from this dependency, Hitler had the cabinet, in its first post-election meeting on 15 March, draw up plans for an Enabling Act which would give the cabinet legislative power for four years. The Nazis devised the Enabling Act to gain complete political power without the need of the support of a majority in the Reichstag and without the need to bargain with their coalition partners."

Sound familiar?

7 Likes

Phew! I thought that was a Guardian link for a minute…

2 Likes

The bill that got through the previous day for the sake of Brexit looks like a strange interpretation of ‘take back control’ to me.
This UK bill set an example for governments of countries like Turkey or Poland.
I’m just not sure whether that is the type of leadership to be proud of.

3 Likes

Yep, those are the kind of peers we will deserve in international rankings.

1 Like

Waiting for Godot dot gov…

4 Likes