Brexit episode 2 - the attack of the gammon

12 Likes

Old, but still valid.

1 Like

Well this is only slightly totally fucking insane

The deadlock is not with the Parliament, you fucknugget, It’s with a PM who refuses to propose anything that would command the support of Parliament*

(*assuming Yoda allows his comrades a free vote on something, of course)

In Newsnight’s interview with Blair last night he helpfully reminded us that immigration (rightly or wrongly a key driver of the Brexit vote) could have been controlled more tightly as they did in Belgium & elsewhere. Maitlis asked him “So why didn’t you?” and the answer was ‘because we believed immigration was an economic benefit to the country.’ Now that may be true but it really shouldn’t have been the only consideration particularly as, for it to have worked, some of that benefit would have needed to be spent on improved infrastructure and amenities. Post 2008 that was always going to be difficult & it could be argued that the result was inevitable at some point.

Regardless, Blair should be kept the fuck out of these discussions. The worst possible advocate for any pro EU movement.

4 Likes

Short of ring-fencing the ‘polski dividend’ and spending it in Doncaster, I’m not sure what you’re suggesting: it’s not like they did increase public expenditure

Sadly, yes. Until the new Labour party understands and appreciates his achievements (and can see past you-know-what) then they’ll be out of office

Blair is the New / old Bruce. Both cunts !

What is episode 3? Revenge of the Shit, where Rees-Mogg becomes PM and kills all working class children?

3 Likes

The benefit of migrant workers is presumably felt in the tax take but certainly from 2010 onwards spending was being cut right back.

Sad to report, I have temporarily suspended my dislike for Bruce (could be straying off topic a bit here…)

:+1:

Indeed it was … though it’s a bit mean spirited to blame the TBGB’s for what George Osbourne did as Chancellor, no?

Unlikely. With new coal mines opening there’ll be plenty of chimneys to sweep

1 Like

God, May is making me want to punch things.

“No 10 added that the PM shared the public’s “frustration” at Parliament’s “failure to take a decision”.”

No. Parliament absolutely and clearly took a decision you brain-dead fuck-knuckle. They quite clearly said that what you were proposing was a steaming pile of shit. It’s just not the decision you wanted them to make.

7 Likes

The problem with a 30 June extension is that if the meaningful vote doesn’t go to plan, how do we deal with the EU elections?

And since when has that been an issue in the Abattoir?!

BTW, Bruce is, and always will be, a cunt

The letter to Donald has a considerable focus on Bercow’s ruling about re-presenting the same bollocks over & over & is almost begging the EU to be give something different so she can get it past Bercow’s ruling. then asking for 3 months to continue bringing back the same old bollocks. Why would they agree to it? She hasn’t changed anything.

1 Like

It’s true it has been rejected but it isn’t like there’s a consensus beyond rejection. Ken Clarke and Mogg both voted against it but it isn’t like they have unanimity of purpose. And that’s just in one party.

2 Likes

I thought Ken Clarke voted for it

Probably did. I’ve tended not to look at it sober. Find another pro remainer that didn’t and the point stands.

He did