Brexit episode 2 - the attack of the gammon

Was reading that Cornwall will only get 5% of what they received off the eu
Was an interesting chat on Friday about how many buildings and projects were or were not labelled with EU help. Or if the government were trying to take more credit for the funding
Places like Camborne pool and Redruth are really struggling even with help from the EU, and I guess very similar to South Wales

I blame trago mills

4 Likes

Trago Mills is hateful.

3 Likes

Several close sets of friends have decamped to Spain and are enduring great fun with the new system for residency (Now a time limited faff) The requirements for medical insurance that covers Covid (Required before residency can be applied for). A new ID type card that is a bureaucratic glitch maze and other joys. They are all still adamant that this is all preferable to living in the UK.

Janner Disneyland is not paved with gold.

1 Like

Do they have EU passports or is this maze for UK passport holders only? We have discussed staying in the EU and Spain features highly on the list of chosen destinations. Everyone except Jackie has an EU passport.

This

1 Like

For others who may not know what trago mills is.

Twinned with Four Seasons landscaping?

4 Likes

Are there people at F.S.L with fingers up their nose not because they are picking it but rather due to inbreeding?

2020 - the weak humour:

12 Likes

So many places in the Uk voted to leave despite them only getting any money because of the EU.

Cornwalls only purpose after Brexit will be holiday homes (or Covid escape homes) for rich escapees from the Home Counties.

The north east will get 2/10’s of fuck all, as will wales once it’s up to the tories.

It’s ok, according to Welsh Facebook groups we will go for independence because you know we have water, which everyone needs, don’t need anything else. Surprised we aren’t competing with the middle East when it comes to natural resources.

1 Like

Who knows, maybe the public’s panic-buying fire has actually died down ? But if it has then someone’s just decided to throw petrol on the embers

This has immediately shot to No 1 Most Read on the BBC. I despair sometimes …

VB

2 Likes

Turkeys and gammon breathe a sigh of relief

Be ok, brexiters won’t be stockpiling because everything will be better come January 1st.

1 Like

4 Likes

No news an a deal with Grand Fenwick?

I can’t believe we’ve missed out on deals with Gondor and The Shire. Not keen on Rohan since all that horsemeat got in the Tesco burgers though.

:nerd_face:

We are so turning out to be Mordor though…

2 Likes

I believe that the mice are working on it

1 Like

but who holds the ring of power?