Bristol Bag & Stationery show

They certainly know where to find their clientele without too much hassle.

2 Likes

Good work.:+1:

Sputnik and Doctor Who alien spottedā€¦

3 Likes

And inevitablyā€¦

6 Likes

And itā€™s only Fridayā€¦

Iā€™l put the cleaners on standby.

Plastic fantastic.

At least I hope it is for that price.

Iā€™ve actually never been to a hi-fi show. I am curious, but equally I really donā€™t see any sense in exposing myself to sounds that are significantly better than what Iā€™ve assembled at home, because I will then have the upgrade lust once more, and not be happy until I have improved what I have.

Whereas I am totally happy with what I have, so staying away from temptation, seems the logical choice.

I do always seem to be short on pens though, so that does make it worth considering, I guess.

1 Like

Youā€™ll be lucky to find that. Show rooms tend to be unforgiving - lightly furnished cuboid boxes whose characteristics vary a lot depending on how many people there are in them. Exhibitors get a few hours to set them up compared with the months/years you may have had at home. And there will inevitably be breakthrough noise from neighbouring spaces. Apart from the free goodies they can be useful places to meet people, see any new stuff (including having a laugh at the genuinely ridiculous), hear just about enough of it to decide whether it might be worth trying out on a home demo, eat pies, buy the odd record sometimes ā€¦

VB

2 Likes

Sorry about that.

Didnā€™t realise you were there Rob.
Mind you, that would explain the total lack of toblerone.

1 Like

Iā€™m going Sunday Stu! I havenā€™t forgot the tips and tricks you taught me last year ,though it looks like the pickings are mighty slimā€¦Ā£13 admission youā€™d expect to be able to snaffle something free :grinning:
Travelling down Saturday and returning Monday ,hope the rain holds off so I can tour aboutā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s really taking the piss.

2 Likes

If you withdraw your life savings in cash and sit in each room counting it Iā€™m convinced good stationary will magically appear.

1 Like

Itā€™s all about the camouflage
Last year I dressed up as a floorstanding speaker

3 Likes

An amazing disguise as I remember.
Especially when they played some opera.

3 Likes

Thought Iā€™d spotted you this yearā€¦

To be fair you could get 2 for Ā£285.

2 Likes

So did @rmsshipbroker

4 Likes