Car Wants (maybe once, but now just anything Jim can find on the internet. 🙄)

Today, I am delighted to bring to your attention, this;

What is it? Well, it’s technically a Ford Torino except this one has (at seemingly vast expense) been converted to Talledega spec. Effectively, before the Superbird and Daytona, Ford exploited every (and I do mean every) loophole in the NASCAR rulebook to built a car that was designed to go stock car racing. On a per race basis, it’s the most successful stock car ever made.

Except that this hasn’t been modified to be a Talledega road car. It’s been modified to be a race spec one and to this end, it has a very large number of actual Talledega race parts in it… and it’s road legal.*

You can even watch a video of a gentleman exercising some of its 681bhp on a public road;

The listing is HERE

*to the world’s loosest given value of ‘Road Legal.’

8 Likes

Yes! Gibs!
moist

Dat overhang :heart_eyes:

Can it turn a corner?

Right hand ones certainly.

Did I miss something or is that the most boring high performance car video ever……?

Yep, I was waiting for him to put his foot down :frowning:

Still sounds and looks fantastic though.

1 Like

I’ve been having a whale of a time on the Japanese Autotrader equivalent. There is some qwality madness for sale there. I’ve particularly been enjoying finding actual physical examples of things I remember ‘driving’ on the Gran Turismo games. Case in point; a Honda S2000 with tuning by Spoon Sports;

In game;

For realz

Other highlights include;
This rather lovely NSX Type S;

This tuned '73 Corolla which has ‘joyous oversteery death’ written all over it.

This exquisitely Barried Civic

Some heartbreak for @freefallrob in A-Spec and a good colour

A Skyline engined Datsun 240Z

And finally, in the ‘if you have to ask, you cannot possibly fucking afford it’ category for @coco

9 Likes

All of them.
ALL OF THEM!!!

I dun a sex wee

:heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Thats all sorts of gorgeous.

Brown 6.8l v8 merc

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

Still want it tho’

A dark grey exterior and orange interior

but

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Beautiful but a life expectancy measured in hours once surrounded by the saline fog shrouding Fetlar :grinning:

6 Likes

You seem to have mistakenly added an s to hour

3 Likes

Monday evening

Tuesday morning

:cry: :sob:

9 Likes

Wild and irrelevant idea, but effective undersealing/rustproofing products are A Thing now. So are garages.

One of my all time favourites.

5 Likes