Car Wants (maybe once, but now just anything Jim can find on the internet. 🙄)

Don’t hate it, but a bit too much of a BMW Z3 / Z4 vibe. Irrelevant, since only one made. Always loved the '80s original, still do.

I like Zagato things.

8 Likes

I’ve driven up that in my camper van (just about made it up), and a late 80’s 911 Turbo (fucking hairy, glad it wasn’t mine!).

Minty Alfa 156 GTA - Japanese import. Yes please.

7 Likes

Just a shame about the Selaspeed bit.

That 3.2 V6 engine makes a glorious noise, had the newer one in my old Brera but it’s a shame that after the 156 they did away with the chrome pipes on the newer JTS version

If I had that I’d fit a clear bonnet so everyone could see the engine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I quite like a 2.0 twinspark. Partially for affordability reasons.

The 2.2 JTS engine is good as well, got loaned a 159 estate when my car was in for a service and it was really smooth, felt more like a straight 6 than a 4 pot.

I had the selespeed gearbox in my 156 2.0 and it was nice to drive. I’d rather have the selespeed box than a manual one these days although the younger me would be horrified.

The Busso engine has sadly had its day but what a thing. The sound, the endless power, it was intoxicating.

I liked that engine too. I had it in my 156. Nice smooth power delivery.

It is what we have in our Spider. Think it suits the spider.

1 Like

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1562684107527589/

9 Likes

Does it grind or just punch out expresso?

2 Likes

Check this fucker out!

2 Likes

Lad from the pub back in the day used to drive us to Maine Rd for the football in a Chevette with a V8. It was sometimes scary on the way there. After a few pints n a pie it seemed fairly exhilarating on the way home.

1 Like

I bet that was a fucking animal of a car! :scream::sweat_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Purty car. Great plate. Needs wires.

:star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck::heart_eyes::star_struck:

Getting quite spendy now. Alfa Spiders are cool.

These are still available cheap and are quite fun.

2 Likes