Car Wants (maybe once, but now just anything Jim can find on the internet. 🙄)

Its got the quadratic steering wheel too, I think the intention is to keep it.

1 Like

I genuinely hope so. Nice project - it’s a light car by modern standards, relatively-light but powerful engine and drivetrain should make it a hoot to drive real-world fast.

Actually looking at it, not so much, but that makes it a proper ‘sleeper’.

As you say, not so much real-world fast, it will just be fast full stop. I can’t recall what they said in the earlier videos, but I think their aiming for 280bhp which in a car that will weigh a tonne or a bit less, is a lot. They were around 850kg when new.

1 Like

Mate’s parents had not one but two Volvo 340s when we were growing up. Just like the BL phlegmmobile, I always reckoned that making them ridiculously fast without changing the outside appearance too much would be quite amusing.

8 Likes

I quite like red Alfas.

7 Likes

There is talk of a new version coming out this year.
It is nice too. But prefer the older one tbh.

7 Likes

Agreed

I can afford neither. I would not turn down either if some lovely genie type thing was to turn up and offer me one.

This was designed by the same bloke as the earlier car. Guess we all have our off days.

1 Like

In fairness, Scaglione described himself as an engineer and an aerodynamicist, not a stylist. The silver car is aerodynamic, even if it isn’t very pretty.

1 Like

1963 Ghia G230S Prototype

11 Likes

That colour.

3 Likes

Any of these, really; especially the P5B Coupé…

1 Like

I’m sure most of you feel this should live over in horrors but your views are irrelevant to me. I want this;

It’s a Ferrari 599 GTZ S Nibbio Spyder by Zagato and it’s one of six built. Furthermore, it’s the only one of those six (and only one of 35 599s in total) built with a manual gearbox;

I don’t love the afterbirth coloured interior but it’s an indisputably cool car and has to be in contention for one of the very last soft top convertible Ferrari with a manual 'box. It’s for sale HERE.

11 Likes

I don’t hate it, but it’s rocking a bit too much F-type-with-mumps for me.

Points back for “afterbirth coloured” tho’… :laughing:

1 Like

I like the machine gun ports :+1:

2 Likes

I saw this today, parked outside a local tyre place. Was drawing many admirers. An incredible restoration.

Not the owner!

Waiting for ex-Bentley B-i-L to tell me which one it is and when from originally. He said it’s a 4 1/2L blower or possibly a replica of one. The register will say which.

13 Likes

MOT check online says it’s “BENTLEY UNKNOWN” first registered 1 Dec 1933, and that it hasn’t had its first MOT :smile:

4 Likes

BiL says it’s certainly not in the WO book from 22-31 and the 33 date is after RR had taken over so he’s wondering what chassis it used. He’s thinking replica but a very good one.