Car Wants (maybe once, but now just anything Jim can find on the internet. 🙄)

Oh dear :roll_eyes:

Lol, millionaire Ford fan or somesuch. Its still a fucking Sierra and its power from a turbo 2l was still beaten by the M3 of the day.

Once a boy racer and all that…

Chortle - exactly the same power output as Sam’s lightly tweaked naturally-aspirated 2.0L 4-cyl MX-5. How times have changed…

2 Likes

And the MX5 looks great, certainly not a jelly mould. Assume she still scares the shit out of you hooning the mx5 down a country lane.

1 Like

Nah - she drives like a biddy when I’m in the car as my presence makes her feel guilty/self-conscious about hooning. Fuck knows why, she’s a safe driver so it doesn’t bother me no matter how quick.

When I drive us, I rag the tits off it - it’s an absolute hoot to drive!

2 Likes

I had a 1.8 MX5 in about '99. While low powered compared to modern cars, it was really well balanced and twisty. Always fun to drive, and as speeds where you weren’t going to die bloodily if you shoved it onto a hedge.

1954 Corvette concept cars . . .

Corvette Corvair. The five produced have been destroyed/lost in the mist of time. These are pics of a re-creation

Corvette Nomad. Three of the five produced still exist, but being no VIN showpieces makes them illegal for road use

9 Likes

:heart_eyes: the Nomad

1 Like

This feels like a missed opportunity

If they’d waited until they tweaked the C1’s rear end to the flatter haunches, it would have looked the tits;

As it is, it’s more Chevy Gonad.

1 Like

Some of the styling cues were used on the production Bel Air Nomad . . .

4 Likes

Corvair developed into a totally different vehicle. A compact with rear mounted air-cooled engine and swing arm suspension, it became GM’s response to the wildly popular Beetle . . .

The early generation had severe handling problems and became the subject of Ralph Nader’s book Unsafe at Any Speed. The issues were fixed on later models but the car never shook the reputation of being a death trap

3 Likes

Shame, as it’s a cool thing.

1 Like

The production Corvair has actually become quite collectable, with a cult following. At one time they were worth nothing

1 Like

Lose the rocket tail, put a lighter aluminium V8 in it, let people acquainted with the concept of a corner do the suspension and you might have a decent car.

2 Likes

Yenko Stinger :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Me likey!

The later model is now regarded very highly in the states. I would love to own one.

1 Like

Went over to have lunch today with the couple who are the next door neighbours of Ann’s Uncle, since he passed away we have become good friends.
He is a carbuyer/seller dealing from home. His speciality is used funeral cars, but he will buy anything unusual that he reckons he can make a few bob on.
He has this at the moment - right up @edd9000 's street. It’s a 2010 Nissan Cima VIP. Amazing spec, absolutely everything inside is powered and the entire layout is geared to the nearside rear seat passenger. It even has the “ottoman” option of a footstool that electrically folds down from the seat-back of the front passenger seat. This footstool, along with all the other seats is heated with massagers :grinning:
A huge amount of car for the £6k asking price.

Whilst there, I also had a blast in this immaculate '96 Chimera…fantastic, grin inducing motor :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Both please :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Apt plate on TVR given what it’ll redecorate your drive with…

3 Likes