Cart leads AG v AN

Could use pure copper solder.

get some alpaca pubes, and pure alpaca solder

Gold wires?

Only if the soldering isn’t done properly (as @Valvebloke will tell you if we manage to lure him into a foo thread the solder should not be the join in a connection, there should be good enough contact without it).

Because that’s a thing.

Stick to DIY charging cables. :rofl:

Weeeeeeeellll … a lot of kit has the components mounted on printed circuit boards, and if they’re machine-stuffed then the leads won’t be bent over so there will be no mechanical connections there. In the real world short paths through solder are conductive enough not to affect the signal detectably. In the world of foo though … There can also be a mechanical issue. In some geometries solder joints can part company quite quickly, especially if there’s significant thermal cycling. My very first telly (I was 14) came to me for free as a non-worker. One of the pcb solder joints had cracked in a neat ring, breaking the contact. Over the next couple of years half a dozen others went the same way. Finding them was such an arse that I just got another telly.

You remember the carbon interconnect in the raffle at Scalford ? One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

VB

Yes :laughing:. That twit who wouldn’t stop whining about them eventually contributed them to the raffle didn’t he? And they became the booby prize no one wanted :joy:

1 Like

And a bloke mis-heard the numbers and went up to claim a prize with an un-called ticket. And James made him take the interconnect away !

VB

5 Likes

I so wanted Serge to win that…

4 Likes

Twas me that gave him the interconnect, but I am okay with James taking credit. Not bothered about it at all. Not me. No.

He was walking towards me when James called him back, but I’m sure you’re right if you remember having the interconnect. I don’t recall the actual foisting moment.

VB

Twas funny to get rid of that fecking cable.
Someone won a new pair of Harbeths that year from Trevor at Guildford. And a massive pie, as big as yer head. Oh, those were the days and all that.