Catcando a Bakeoff 31st Aug

Still working all weekend. Impossible to even think of time off at the end of summer school holiday weekend.

Sadly.

Have fun!!

If anyone can manage to get away, at the last minute, plenty of room and food.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the afternoon catching up with people - burgers to die for and want to know supplier. Lovely company and surprisingly modified language. I didn’t manage to hear a single tune. . . :roll_eyes:

Cheers Gregg

3 Likes

Thanks Gregg for a enjoyable day. Good to see everyone. The burgers were excellent :heart_eyes:

I did spot someone reading a ‘hifi’ mag

7 Likes

@Jim should give up his Mod status based on that :unamused:

11 Likes

Thanks to Gregg for a great day - excellent food and interesting conversations. It was nice to meet up with some old faces as well as some delightful new ones. :slight_smile:

In my defense, I would point out that I was reading about the latest Panny fitted with a “3D” Burmeister stereo. So not HiFi then. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks Gregg for fantastic hospitality :smiley:

So you say Bruv. So. You. Say :thinking:

1 Like

hmmm yes I have that in my 911, the first owner specced it along with about £25k worth of options. It doesn’t actually sound significantly better than the Bose addon, and for an extra £3k doesn’t seem worth

I arrived late after a horrendous 6 hr journey mainly due to main roads being closed, nevertheless Greggs hospitality and the crack with the other attendees more than made up for that…Homemade Steak burgers :hamburger: to die for…

1 Like

Yep it was a great afternoon. Gregg went beyond the call keeping his guests fed and watered. Food was excellent as usual.

Took some of Gregg’s brownies away which miraculously disappeared within about 3 minutes of getting home!

Good to see everyone again, specially Laurence @MrsMillicent who I’ve not seen for years.

Cheers Gregg! :smiley:

3 Likes

Great day. Nice to see everyone.
Really sorry to hear of some of the awful journeys you had. Hope the return journeys were much better.
Thanks for all the wine and drinks.
Jim’s cooking team has come through again, with a lovely plum tart.
Ian brought pork pies, and gave them all away.
I still have enough food left, for another small bakeoff.

2 Likes

Apologies for an outbreak of Intensely Stupid on my part - I failed to notice that the bakeoff was yesterday and not today until it had actually happened…

I did catch the reference yesterday, about the Volvo problem.
How did the exchange go?

1 Like

Happily, it is now someone else’s problem, and Sam is, as I type, hurtling herself hither-and-yon across Lincolnshire in a SAVAGELY orange MX-5.

20 Likes

2nd best driving car after an Astra estate

Lovely looking car👍

4 Likes

Great bake off, thanks Gregg for being a superb host. And those burgers,… awesome!

It was nice to catch up with everyone and have a good old chinwag.