Cheap VW Phaeton – Yes or No? (AKA bought Phatdeo instead 😬)

Saloons are rubbish for carrying speakers so you should really buy a Mundano hatchback. There is something nice about a luxury barge full of optional extras though.

1 Like

Fiat Punto or Panda is all you need…

I would much, much, much rather have the petrol 3.2 V6 (or the 4.0 W8 or the 6.0 W12 come to that) but, sadly, most of the ones about seem to be tractor fuelled. This will probably be what cancels the idea, to be honest.

Nooooooo

Yeah, clutch judder getting worse and radio touch screen going haywire. Definitely going Korean/Japanese next time.

2 Likes

Starting a thread on here is basically an unbreakable covenant. You must buy one now, it’s The Law.

8 Likes

We also need photos of purchase and test rides at bake offs.

1 Like

Made late too that range rover

1 Like

Ah, shite. :frowning:

Ah, got you too then!

I’m sure he could get a major service done by someone competent for a lot less than £1,200.

The tyres sound expensive too. I don’t pay that for my Bridgestone rear 305, 35, 19s.

1 Like

To be fair it is quite a new one and has all the sporty bits on, I think the wheels are 20" with 30 profile tyres

ah, with a newer one you do feel obliged to use the main stealer, sorry dealer.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I couldn’t get over that even if it was half the price of petrol.

2 Likes

LOL the FatOne. All the costs of a prestige car, but with none of the prestige.

Man up and buy a Quattroporte. :grinning:

2 Likes

Definitely the nicest of what’s available at the money. As an ex Maserati owner I can confirm repair and maintenance costs will make a Range Rover seem sensible.

Have you thought about a Jag?

If you like Range Rovers, why not buy a Toerag? :crazy_face:

There’s a reason its cheap as chips now it’s old - it’ll break and have 100K car repair bills, just like a 7 series, A8, S class etc. Have you never seen the Top Gear episode where Clarkson got a cheap old Merc CL600?..