Cheap VW Phaeton – Yes or No? (AKA bought Phatdeo instead 😬)

A major service is £600 every 4 years, minor £300 every 4. Oil and Filter £125 in between.

Have you got a low temperature thermostat fitted?

Indy. Major (4yr) service plus belts, brake fluid, spark plugs, exhaust rebuild and odds & and sods. Still needs discs and pads later in the year and probably coffin arms at some point!

1 Like

Not too bad really then. If it makes you feel any better I’ve had all that done :rofl:.

Plus it’s a car that doesn’t depreciate so you’re quids in.

I had the alternator checked recently and it’s fine. My disco rear lights was some perished wiring at the back, which cost me £125 to have replaced.

Yeah, it’s all stiff that needed doing. I’ll do the brakes myself later in the year as they’re easy and coffin arms before MOT. As you say it’s still cheaper than buying something that depreciates.

Alternator got done last year, it’s really the only thing that’s broken so far.

I bought brembo discs and pads from Autodoc and was very happy with both the seller and the parts. They take a few weeks to arrive but Autodoc was substantially cheaper. I’ve got the 997 parts catalogue with the parts numbers if you need it.

2 Likes

Yep, was looking at the Brembo at Autodoc, seem very well priced. Part numbers would be great, thanks! :+1:

Sorry, how have we diversified into VW bloody Beetles?

7 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Aha, that’s why you “forgot your wallet” for the last Turan, eh?

8 Likes

Hush, non-Phaeton buyer.

:grinning:

3 Likes

You should get that looked at.

2 Likes

I don’t even notice his typos anymore. :grinning:

1 Like

He does it deliberately - it’s the only way he can get folk to laugh at what he types :smirk:

4 Likes

At least I’ve found a way. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Sorry, I never did oblige, did I? How rude…

8 Likes

Nice, is that real plastic wood?

Nice :+1:

Thanks

Very good. I used to have a Ghia X 2l which had ventilated seats and all that (it looks like yours does too; can’t quite make it out.)

A very nice chassis and good handling car. I imagine the 3l is better matched.

Yes, that is genuine plastic wood - not the cheap fake stuff.

And, yes it does have the ventilated seats, which is weird. Not bad, mind you, just weird…

4 Likes