Chelsea Dave’s record sale

I wonder if that is the MoFi Dire Straits album?
Dave told me he had two copies and said ‘Do you want one?’
He then gave me an empty cover! :grinning:
He never did find the records!

5 Likes

If the logistics work for Stu I’m happy to deliver to Kent forum guys

5 Likes

Epic Stu, thanks so much!

1 Like

Guy “golden hands” as he’s now known

1 Like

Will I be ok to purchase one or two if the chance arises, being a newbie on here? I’m cool if not.

2 Likes

more like

1 Like

Yes, you will have the same opportunity as anyone else. :+1:

4 Likes

This is brilliant, so generous of Dave and those giving up their time to enable it.

Fingers crossed that Dave had a secret passion for Dwarf Metal :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As you may expect there’s a good dose of blues / blues rock and southern soul. Then there’s the stuff that Dave picked up over the years from hearing things on the forum and at bake-offs - quality levels are high

7 Likes

I rarely get excited by album sale threads, but this one has me hooked.

6 Likes

@ruprecht anything being kept for the AA raffles ?

Or some mystery raffles?

6 Likes

Oh, that’s good.
We all chuck in 10 or 20 and the lucky winner gets a few magic albums. Rest of the money goes to Dave’s charity.

9 Likes

Ok there’s something here to play with - Dave’s mystery box - I’ll plot with Stu and come up with something suitably splendid for the end of the batches - good thinking Jon

9 Likes

Yes,anyone who is signed up here,and friends of Dave’s from the Scalford days and the wam forum

1 Like

Come On Please GIF by giphystudios2021

1 Like

I’m new to the forum (been on the Wam for a while) but would be happy to donate to this, a charity close to my heart.

I’m not sure Dave and I shared the same taste in music but it would be nice to have something of his to listen to and remember him fondly. Had some hilarious chats at Jim’s bake offs and Scalford etc.

Slowly, we gather…

4 Likes

Agree. I will buy one record just because of reasons…

From Billy Eilish to RL burnside - each batch is quite varied. Tonight’s is probably the most “audiophile”.

4 Likes