Choose/ find me a Volvo šŸ˜

Bored of my Freelanderā€™s rough engine and wank sound system so decided Iā€™d quite like a Volvo V40 to replace it.

Drawn to the interior comfort of Volvoā€™s and the 70+ mpg and performance of the diesels. Quite like the sound of Cross Country models too with softer suspension etc.

Donā€™t want a new one, an example witharound 25k miles is fine.

Not very knowledgeable about the specs if Iā€™m honest but the main thing I care about is decent stereo, anything else is a bonus - which spec should I go for?

Brown interior is obvs :heart_eyes:

Yes.

Nope.

Nope.

Isnā€™t legroom an issue with these?

2 Likes

Specs seem to suggest all the diesels >70mpg - obviously manufacturers claims can be overstated.

150bhp and 190bhp is plenty for me.

Only if you have clown like proportions and omit to pull the seat back.

2 Likes

Consider Discovery Sport before jumping ship from RR. Better refinement and improved NVH.
I, personally, find the Ovlovs to be excellent but I would chose the V60 as the load space in the V40 is ā€œhatch-backā€ sized.

And are you really sucked in by manufacturerā€™s MPG claims ? You struck me as reasonably intelligent :thinking:

My first thought was Disco Sport but Iā€™m not inclined to drop Ā£25-30k on one right now.

The load space of the V40 wonā€™t be an issue as part of the plan is to also buy a VW T5 and have a custom conversion done to it (replacing the T2 Iā€™m afraid).

Nope it should still return about double what the FL manages.

Narelle says, ā€œI will find him and I will kill him !!!ā€

:wink:

1 Like

I know, I know. But wifey wants to go touring in Europe - weā€™re not doing that in our Bay Iā€™m afraid.

1 Like

Go on, go on go on go on go onā€¦

13 Likes

Unless you granny it round at 56mph behing a lorry on the motorway all the the time youā€™ll never get 70mpg. Look at honest john for real world mpg, more likey, with a weedy D2 engine is a high 50s average.

Feck, that is gorgeous ! Want.

However, I win the entire feckinā€™ interweb ------------------------

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I thang yoo :grinning:

2 Likes

That is beautiful

Thatā€™s an ugly bus (and I donā€™t care if it can go from 0-100mph in 3 seconds)

1 Like

Has the suspension failed or is @FatCuntTroller adjusting the seat out of shot?

1 Like

Neither. @FatCuntTroller is actually driving it. It is so huge he canā€™t see above the dashboard.

Fact

6 Likes

Itā€™s absolutely lovely. Look at those lines, classic.

Eminently practical too :+1: