Christmas din-dins ding-dongs

no cooking no family here - we’ll be eating whatever The Grand in Brighton puts in front of us! Leisurely drive down on Monday, dinner at the Chilli Pickle on Monday night, then chilling…back on the 27th.

We’ve bought no food (apart from some chocolate), and have just bought a selection of beers from St Albans beer shop…

2 Likes

Feel flat as a pancake this year

Think I’m going to avoid anything to do with brexit for the next 10 days or so

1 Like

As indeed are the politicians.
Hope the fuckers are all on his naughty list…

We have Kerri’s parents coming here, also her brother, his girlfriend and their new baby. They don’t ever really enter into the spirit much. About 11am I’ll offer an alcoholic drink and a mince pie, Kerri’s mum will ask for a glass of water and her dad will have a cup of tea. Later I’ll open a bottle of champagne, Kerri’s dad will comment on how he doesn’t like it and her mum will refuse. Kerri’s Brother will be drinking bottles of 1664. There will be some fuss at lunchtime when Kerri’s mum has a panic attack over some unfamiliar item of food, the kids will spend the whole meal telling her that it’s really good and she should try some. Finally when the item is nearly finished, she’ll relent and then spend the rest of the meal and the afternoon telling us all how she feels disappointed that she hadn’t had some earlier because it was really delicious. They’ll go to bed about 9pm, so I won’t be able to listen to music. Boxing day will be mostly occupied with what time they are going to leave until they do which I expect will be a relief.

9 Likes

Just kay, me and cats on xmas day. We’ll have the traditional meal with plenty of wine.
Going to my sisters on boxing day for some shit party games and a family argument.

5 Likes

First Christmas in 31 years without our son at home so a bit sad. He’s got engaged, his fiance is pregnant and so just us 2 and my brother.

It’s fair enough as she’s having a tough time and needs her family round her.

We’ll be with them between Christmas and New Year.

5 Likes

Change of plan.

My Mum has finally decided to join us for Christmas dinner - she initially wanted to spend the day on her own as it’ll be the first Christmas Day without my Dad. I didn’t want to pressure her into coming so I just told her we would be delighted if she would join us but it was entirely up to her.

I’m pleased as I was worried about her being on her own but I think what has changed her mind is that Anne and I usually have a very relaxed day.

13 Likes

Relaxed is good :+1:

1 Like

Due to my wonderful shoes I have been feeling much Christmas.

Our plans are the same every year.

Parents come home from Florida.
Over to the in-laws Christmas Eve.
Spoil my boys and wife on Christmas morning.
Dad will take over lunch.
Parents likely disappear to sisters (who isn’t speaking to me)
Cue much napping.

Splendid.

4 Likes

That sounds very similar to the family Xmas’s I had to go through in the 70s until I left home in '77.

And why I avoid all the bell-end Brexit voting cunts now.

I’ll be driving 550 miles between Christmas eve and the day after boxing day visiting both familes, can’t wait.

Glad she’s decided that, Xmas on your own can’t be good.

I get on with them actually! They can be painful at Christmas though… Everything I have described is guaranteed to happen. :joy:

3 Likes

Glad you get on with them.

My family on one side are/were East End hard cases and on the other Woolwich/Plumstead piss heads. No matter which side we saw at Xmas a street brawl by 4pm was the most likely outcome.

3 Likes

Looking forward to taking the kids to the west end next Friday,not done it for years

Just trying to work out where to park

3 Likes

To all of those looking forward to an enjoyable celebration with their loved ones, (like me) I wish you a very Happy Christmas.

To the deniers, miserable fucks and humbugs, my usual message:

17 Likes

The guvnor has got me a set of them with instructions to wear them Xmas day.

1 Like

tights it is

3 Likes

It was going to be me, the wifelet, and the MiL chez MiL in Norn Iron.

Should be very nice, with much alcohol and Where Eagles Dare.

Then we picked up a couple of waifs and strays who were looking down the barrel of an M&S takeaway staring at eachother across the table. Having been there myself I’m only too happy to share the smoked salmon.

Now it looks like we’ve picked up a couple more, thanks to Gatwick drone twats.

I’m really rather looking forward to this.

7 Likes

Is it fixed then? or are you just blaming your MiL because you can :laughing:

2 Likes