Christmas din-dins ding-dongs

Got Roon playing through a Hiface USB DAC into a pair of Event Opals, coz I haven’t managed to get the xo to Pete. They really will go to bed at 9.00…

2 Likes

For years (decades ?) everyone’s come here but this year we’re going up the road to my sister’s. It’ll be her and her husband and daughter, my brother (the one who lives in the UK) and us. My cousin’s dog will be there too since he and his partner are planning to be in Aus, assuming H’Row is working tomorrow. The dog is a bad traveller (jeez :roll_eyes:) hence the change of venue. My sister can cook (at least, she could when she was at school) but doesn’t/won’t so it looks like Mrs VB and my genuinely lovely niece will be in charge of turkey, all the trimmings, Xmas pud. The niece, poor soul, is working in pro theatre and there are panto performances on Xmas Eve and Boxing Day. So she gets one day off and will spend at least half of it cooking. And still she is smiling and enthusiastic about it. Should be a good day, at least for the slobs among us. Plan A is for us to drive over there then get my brother, who also has to drive and who doesn’t drink (he just doesn’t like it) to taxi us home. So Boxing Day may involve a walk to Oxford to retrieve the car. Forecast is for pretty much dry, but this far out they’re guessing basically.

VB

8 Likes

first up doing the sound mixing at the christmas service , then some family arrive for a short time hopefully !!! [ they are very wearing indeed!!!] must get that christmas tree up soon !

father in law sounds a fascinating character !!!

That has to be painful for the mrs

She’s had a lifetime to get used to it, is all I can say.

In many ways it is a microcosm of our society, where women are valued less than men. Unless you were directly involved, you would know nothing about it.

1 Like

I will be moaning to myself on Christmas day mainly about how much it has bloody cost me.

Well i am from Yorkshire and of farming stock to boot.

1 Like