Citrus juicer

Ladies of the household typically demand margaritas making most Saturday nights. This involves quite a bit of manual lime squeezing, so I’m looking for recommendations for a citrus press or electric juicer that can make this easier/ faster.

Any ideas, recommendations?

proo.com

2 Likes

Lidl or Aldi at some point will have them and the quality will be decent.

I’ve had this one for years.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Louis-Tellier-N4104-Citrus-Juicer/dp/B00ISRXZJ0/ref=asc_df_B00ISRXZJ0/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=226619217014&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2655841654554793628&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045110&hvtargid=pla-427739424361&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

It works very well and is much easier to clean than this:

Which is now on its last legs but obviously has more applications. It is fucking annoying to clean!
I use the press when making cocktails with citrus, as it is just as quick.

1 Like

Citrus faff. Whatever next?!?!

That’s very helpful Ritchie, thanks. One of my main considerations was what the advantages/ disadvantages of electric over manual might be.

I think there is more retention with the machine and possibly more mess with the press. The amount of time it takes to juice half a lime say, is about the same but the electric is Much more of a faff to clean. The press I have has a short lever but is low enough that you can put your weight on it, it’s very efficient. Nothing to go wrong, it’s very robust, I must have had it for 25 years and in that time it’s been very well worked here and there. :crazy_face:

2 Likes
4 Likes

We’ve got a manual press similar to yours (longer handle, larger volume cup I think) and it works fine too. If I’m having to squeeze 8 or 9 limes for an evening’s margaritas then it speeds the process up a great deal compared with using one of the really basic squeezers

VB

0088030E
I use one of these on my magimix …i like it for industrial amounts of juice you can make and then chill. Once done thrown in dishwasher

we use one of these

Chefbar Lemon Lime Squeezer, Only Seconds for Juice, Premium Quality Metal Manual Citrus Press Juicer Works for Limes and Oranges No Pulp or Seeds 2 in 1 Lemon Juicer, Passed FDA Approval(Yellow) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074C3VBLZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bUXiEb0879RDV

Mrs MWS, went down the juice hole to arrive at cold pressing - apparently this is where it’s at. In reality the kitchen sink swearing is where I ended up cleaning the thing it’s a right ball ache.

Mexican elbow. There is a reason every cocktail bar has one, so easy to use, quick and simple and no faff.

1 Like

:scream:

4 Likes

keep up in the back

I think that’s the point, I don’t want faff, I want efficient and easy lime squeezing, as against deliberately making it hard for myself!

:scream:

1 Like

4 Likes

I use one of these, for juicing up to half a litre of lemon or lime juice at a time. Produces copious amounts of citrus juice quite quickly & v easy to clean, wouldn’t go back to any of the all manual methods I’ve tried. If you are doing larger batches, you do need to scoop the pulp build up out of the top pulp grid as it builds up to maintain the highest rate of extraction.

I sieve the juice & bottle it into resealable 250ml soda/tonic bottles & find it keeps quite well in the fridge if sieved.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WG16898/ref=psdc_3538305031_t3_B07PYVKX9L

1 Like