Clocks on cocks (Part 1)

Georgesstraps on ebay are good - had a few and always been pleased.

Probably the most authentic NATOs are Phoenix Straps - again only on ebay - really nice lightweight straps with lightweight fittings that really suit older/smaller watches. Only issue being they don’t seem to have khaki, only olive green.

If you like stretchy “Marine Nationale” type - Erika’s Originals are highly rated.

And Clockwork Synergy in the 'states has everything you can think of, including lots of Perlon.

3 Likes

I can’t wear leather straps so am always interested in alternatives.
I liked the look of Erica’s originals until I saw the price :scream:
€75.00 for a nylon strap seems a bit steep!

Haven’t tried them yet but came across these:

Just noticed they do some clocks. Might get one actually.

Those will be identical to what you already have on your watch - fine if you want a newer version I guess.

They are of higher quality - not just the usual Chinese stuff resold.
Geckota do a nice range of MN style straps with conventional buckles.

1 Like

Not my watch but I see what you’re saying.

Thanks Paul, went with the Phoenix Olive Green :+1:

1 Like

Gekota …black Friday deals are good …………

Gah! Drink… A thing I need to do less…

1 Like

Seiko diver on a leather nato. I need more Seiko divers. Great watches

4 Likes

My Longine Hydroconquest. This has actually been in the sea.

5 Likes

final one. My Rotary Edition. Bought this at a great price to use as a beater. Not keen on skeleton dials and sometimes this can be a little difficult to read. It originally came with a rubber strap that was too thick and ended up splitting so put on a Nato and I far prefer it with this strap. The watch is made far better than the price I paid for it and keeps really good time. Still not keen on skeleton dials and I doubt I would buy another one.

4 Likes

Rarely see a Longines I like, but that is a solid exception - love it :+1:

1 Like

Same here but I got taken in with the red bezel and it wears really well on the wrist as it’s slimmer than a lot of divers I’ve tried. The lume on it is a bit poor though especially when compared to the Seiko.

1 Like

Love the dial - proper numerals on “tool” watches make me happy when done well, and the hands are classy and original: I hate that so many watches - even very pricey ones - have dead-flat hands stamped out of thin sheet metal! Pet vex!

1 Like

Yes the numbers do look good but it would look better without the date window and a number 3 there, imo. Not really sure you need a date on a divers. also the bezel has two smooth parts on it which makes it difficult to rotate unless you hold it in the right place.

Nit-picking really as the movement is very good and the second hand has a lovely smooth sweep to it.

1 Like

Yep. I read you. Not sure the perfect watch exists. Would love to design my own from scratch.

1 Like

What would it be? Diver, more traditional or whatever? And strap material etc?

1 Like

I would love a good diver and chrono mix without a date wondow with a strap that could easily be changed. And something I could afford.

For the evening/night out I would need to have a date pointer with it. As much as I don’t quite get date windows I feel there is something classy about a date pointer. There should be more of them.

I don’t think I could live with just one watch.

2 Likes

I have two in mind. One would be a diver (something I went from hating 10 years ago to :heart_eyes: now), and a more trad moonphase. Nothing radial in mind for either. Just the right combo of features.

I don’t have the CAD skills to actually render anything, so, the closest I will get is what I’ve ordered from Undone.

Strap would be a modified NATO on the diver, very dark, glossy claret leather on the moonphase.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like