Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Imagine waking up to a tinder hambeast and checking your emails to see you bought £4.5k speakers and an omega speedy in the same night while wrecked

5 Likes

Bueno cat

2 Likes

Pics, or it didn’t happen.

Both of which you already own too

1 Like

I’ve bought many stupid things when drunk. I have no high horse there. I will however say that I’ve never woken up next to a hambeast. Rope wielding deviants, yes. Tarot reading loons, sure but they were fit :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think I rinsed about £30k last year on shitfaced purchases

1 Like

Feel free to shitface PayPal some my way this year :wink:

1 Like

I had a trip to Goldsmiths today. They are far more professional with lists now. Honest about chances and no hard sell on other stuff.
They suggest it is doable to get an Explorer by next year which I was a bit shocked by.

Then I walked round the corner and found a new (flipped) 36 and a used 39 (previous) model.
I felt like I should want the 39 but the 36 worked even though it looked a bit small.

6 Likes

My worthless opinion is that the 36 is the better proportioned of the two.

Do it :+1:

2 Likes

Looks a good size :+1:

1 Like

What was the premium on the flipped, 3 grand?

36mm looks ideal size wise.

2 Likes

The dealer (very good city centre independent) wanted 8.7. He’d go as “low” as 8.5. So not far off 3k for a brand new flip. The older 39 was same price.
I’m waiting for a list one. The other good news with the 36 is it has a better power reserve and bracelet.
The 39 looked better on my wrist until I took a photo or saw it in a full length mirror. The 36 looked small on the arm, but much better in profile (so the reverse!).

Not sure which that is on your wrist, but the proportions looks spot-on.

It’s the 36. The newer one has the crown between the Swiss made at the bottom under the 6, although it’s not as clear in this upload.
It does look and handle as small! Overall look is better.

I will get one. But will wait for a list one. I’m not paying two to three k for instant gratification. @Kevin you were right about the dealers. It was a much more professional and honest chat today than I expected.

1 Like

Quite like the look of these, bit different too, from your favourite Icelandic watchmaker -

JS Watch Company Reykjavik — The Gilbert 38mm Vintage Watch Collection

I like those, but a bit weird to call a model ‘The Dictator’. Would feel a right chump wearing that.

Watches could be ok, but anyone marketing this deserves all they get:

Yeah, has to be said, that’s tres poor

He has a very unique marketing approach, always has had.