Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Another wonderful GMT.

1 Like

It is wonderful, but plus 3 readers required.

Boamigo does it better.
It’s just 2 watches in 1 case. If you like it fair enough but to me it’s an inelegant solution.
And bloody hard to read.

1 Like

The spec was to have the two time zones adjustable in 15 minute increments - which couldn’t be done with a single movement.

1 Like

Why 15 minutes, is there a country somewhere that is 15 minutes time difference.

There are several time zones in Australia and New Zealand that have 45 minute offsets, plus all of Nepal.

4 Likes

Every day a school day. Never knew that.

Loving the WMT Microcosmo. I’d love to buy my son one but $420 plus shipping is a bit toppy.

4 Likes

It’s got the AA symbol. :joy:

Am I missing something here or do you have to cut out and fit your own dial and hands🤣

1 Like

You mean

5 Likes

No, professionals make it look like that for you :+1:

2 Likes

Wonder if it’s a bit of a pisstake aimed at Patek’s recent ego-trip -

…typography … based on the handwriting of one of the designers…

If you think $420 is toppy, how about £28,600?

FWIW, WMT are well thought-of for their clever vintage Rolex tributes, so it’s possible that you’d not lose money on either watch…

1 Like

PS: Alpha make a very decent (if unhumourous) Newman tribute, currently available for Eu165.

1 Like

Scrub that, Pagani Design for £89!

Don’t mind this…

1 Like

Branding apart, they are surprisingly decent watches.

1 Like

Or this…

3 Likes

Reality is, apart from Christopher Ward, and R.M.Williams (non-watch), I don’t follow brands.
I follow CW because they send me pre-release info, but it’s only curiosity.

1 Like

My only misgiving is their misappropriation of the ‘Pagani’ name - but then the car maker has apparently chosen to ignore them. They’re just cheap Chinese watches, but these days that doesn’t mean garbage - these have real Seiko (quartz) movements, sapphire crystals, ZiO2 bezels, 316L stainless steel cases and bracelets, etc etc.

I’ve got an unbranded watch from the same (mega-)factory, and it’s painfully good - better than the original Seiko it copies…