Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Not sure why the various registers have to strewn randomly about the dial, but it’s still an attractive wristwatch.

I do find pointer-dates unintuitive, so must say I love PP’s approach to calendar complications hugely appealing -

Wheras this sort of bollocks can GTFO -

Some do smack of complications for the hell of it and the resultant mess on the disk isn’t my cup of tea either. Lottery win watch would be a perp cal version of Smith No 4, with zero change to the dial. Just the knowledge that the day, date, month would always be correct. Any mech required to set the watch etc can all be buried round the back.

1 Like

Yep, that makes sense, though I like a watch that spells out the full date, year and all.
Since any of the above would need a lottery-win anyway, I’d have to design what I wanted myself - e.g. even PP cannot seem to match the calendar discs to the bloody dial colour!

What a wonderful GMT:

3 Likes

No.
24 hour dials are shit
One hand watches are even more shit,
A quick glance at that watch and I have no idea what the time is

4 Likes

It might take a couple of seconds but it’s good to take a slower pace to life.

I do like a 24hr single hand.

I also seem to like many Jaquet Droz watches

1 Like

This any better?

2 Likes

Agree. Love JD watches. And last time I looked they were relatively affordable.

1 Like

Yes it is better,
Apart from tiny dial within dial which is pointless it should be the other way round the seconds dial should be the small one
And roman numerals which are shit

4 Likes

The FT ran an article at the weekend suggesting (agreeing with @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion IIRC) that we have reached and past peak steel sports watch, and prices have dropped.

Although I think they simply attributed it to over-exuberant prices rather than a crypto crash.

Quite something when the price of second hand watches prompts articles by the FT and Bloomberg.

Rolex, Patek and AP to now feature on Commodities Indexes!

They are mainly very clean and clear, even with the small dial on many which @Kevin hates. In fact I love a small dial like that for the hours and minutes :heart_eyes:.

Here you go, just right for you

Would probably fit.

1 Like

Unless it is a perpetual calendar I prefer no date at all.

1 Like

And today’s FT

It’s not filtered over here yet. Doesn’t say what price Mr Wang is selling them for, of indeed he inst just going to hang on to them for a couple of years.

Not particularly reflected on Chrono24 yet.

Buy what you love and this shit means nothing.

2 Likes