Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Don’t buy that one: you’ll be paying a lot of tax/duty/conversion charges/shipping/handling fees - there’s a couple in the UK:

The diver is always the better bet, as at least you’ll be able to actually sell it again when you get fed-up with the ghastly ‘Swiss Toni’ vibe of bimetal wristwatches…

I almost like the JPS vibe of the chronograph, by far the best looking of Tudor’s offer (aside from the various Pelagi…):

Now that G.O. is a little better-known, they’re not quite the watchmaking bargain they once were, but Union Glashütte are still very overlooked in the UK, and well worth a browse.

1 Like

and £1200 left for Death By Whisky.

if your tastes align with mine.

4 Likes

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Pre+Owned-Breitling-Pre+Owned-Breitling-Superocean-Heritage-46-A1732024/BB68-A1732024/BB68/p/408500119490

Or

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Pre+Owned-Tudor-Pre+Owned-Tudor-Black-Bay-Sand.G-Mens-Watch-M79733N+0007-M79733N+0007/p/408000512490

1 Like

I have a Black Bay red I am umming and aahing about selling…

2 Likes

Although personally I’d be going for

nobody down the pub is going to be wearing one of those

edit: sorry, replied to the wrong post

5 Likes

I’m not convinced by the ginormous bezel, and even with the ginormous bezel it’s still tiny.

1 Like

Absolutely. It’s a total freak but I like it.

1 Like

Like that, bit of an ‘Area 51’ vibe to it… (And not everyone has an entire doner-kebab for a wrist.)

1 Like

It’s the AA way.

I would like a new steel sports watch.

Have you considered a tiny WG 1960s extra from the X Files?

4 Likes

That Zenith Chrono is the tits although, as I have now fully embraced my questionable taste, I rather like the coffee and cream colour scheme you can get it in.

4 Likes

Big agree here - the coffee is even nicer than the panda.

3 Likes

Nice to see this bit has been totally ignored! :grinning:

1 Like

For substantially less than the cost of servicing a Zenith, Accurist have got your back

Or if it must be mechanical, Tissot’s PRX chronos are a lot of watch for £1,500 -

2 Likes

Buy a JLC :nail_care:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hardly in budget innit
I have four watches and only two are Rolex!

In the same ballpark pricewise and 40mm I really like the North Flag.

2 Likes

I like the north flag too, tried one on once when it was available and it suffered from the typical sea dweller thickness most of their range has.

Now you can’t get it and barely see it, and it’s £3k+ for the non bracelet version

It’s a good call Nick, I have a Tudor Ranger and this might complement it nicely - it stands out.

1 Like

Can’t decide if I like it or not but it is interesting…

3 Likes