Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

For decades after I got it (in 1971 for my 21st) my Speedmaster Professional was by far the biggest watch I ever saw anybody wear.
I still consider it a big watch but not by today’s hockey puck standards.

3 Likes

I have reasonably big wrists and I like the look of smaller watches. A lot of watches I see on people today have lugs practically overhanging the wrist and straps at near 90 degrees to the case. This looks truly ridiculous to me, but I am an old bloke and I suppose I just like what I’m used to.

My favourite is the datejust, and the sub and speedy I consider pretty big, they are chunky on my wrist. But I am lithe and gracious etc

1 Like

I like divers watches, those that were used professionally back in the day were large by design. There were really only two or three that cut the mustard so to speak, the two largest ones became pre-eminent.

I prefer the explorer 2 over the GMT because i find the GMT too small. The explorer 2 is as small as i would go.

Looking forward to being able to buy all those chunky wrist carbuncles for pennies on the pound.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

3 Likes

Strong disagree :smile:

The “Jumbo” Ingenieur SL has been a lust object to me for > 20 years. I passed on one in Munich (I think) ages back, and always regretted it.

Although not as smooth as the original, this

could actually make me wear a watch again.

2 Likes

I love them.
Asked about one this week, though I did say they were too much for it to be anything other than nosiness to try on. .
None out there to see for real, yet.

Are you saying a 20+ year old watch is a “new release”?

It’s been redesigned and relaunched, after being discontinued.
The small, original watch got larger and more varied until they ditched it.
Now Genta watches are all the rage again.

1 Like

So many ripping off the nautilus style bracelet nowadays.

What he said :point_up:

Eh?

You can’t rip off an original design.
By all accounts this revised version has a much improved bracelet. The old one had a fixed lug problem that made effective lug length huge. This one hugs the wrist.
Allegedly.

Had a bit of a brain-fart. Both I and the wife are ditching the Fitbits for the weekend.

Wrinkly old hand.

9 Likes

I know you have a thing for IWC and they don’t often seem to do it for me but this one looks great. The bracelet looks fantastic as well :ok_hand:

1 Like

The 40mm Explorer 2 is the best watch. Especially with the tritium dial. None of that fancy luminous crap.

It’s a slight rehash of a nearly 50 year-old design.

Original designs by the same person.

£10,000 . . . Ten. Fucking. Grand.

Greed is good :ok_hand:

But that is bluddy nice :+1:

4 Likes

Figured it was a Genta design actually. You see a lot of homages around nowadays. a lottt

1 Like

Saw this link on pfm. An impressive list of accreditations for someone so young.

3 Likes

My new (to me) Panerai has stopped. Ticks a bit after a shake then stops again.

Fuck…

Off to the nearest WoS group shop, (milk n beans Goldsmiths) for an RtB for investigation / repair / refund.

Twatwaffles

1 Like