Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Yes, I’ve posted about them previously and actually like that dial, though I don’t think anyone else did :laughing:

:heart_eyes:

I will have to pay more attention.

No, it’s great to see another post of it.

I love this one:

I’m just not sure if I like those lugs on those

I like them, the whole thing is a little flamboyant.

Reminds me of a scarab.

Cornes des Vaches’ in Vacheron-Constantinese, FWIW…

1 Like

Rolex: “These dumb cunts will buy ANYTHING with a coronet ! :rofl:

No prices yet, but sure to be five figures…

Naturally, people who think my taste in watches is execrable are wanking like petshop monkeys over these… :joy:

In stark contrast, JLC’s new Reverso chrono :heart_eyes: -

3 Likes

I’ve wanted a duoface Reverso for a good while. One day

1 Like

I’d never wear one, but they are glorious watches.

1 Like

Asked about it today - it’s going to be a month to get onto the waiting list! :roll_eyes:

I see, lovely.

What’s the case size on that? My Dad’s non chrono Reverso is achingly lovely but while it looks great on his slight, 5ft 6 frame, its a bit weeny on mine. They’re wonderful things though.

Chronos are generally a good bet for a larger size, and this is no exception at 30 x 50 x 11mm.

I used a Duoface as my every day watch for years when travelling.
It is a bit battered now.
I like how small it is a lot, actually, I have never liked watches in cases much bigger than the movement as an engineering principle!
The monsters that have been in fashion in recent years leave me cold.

3 Likes

A friend of mine has a reverso. He’s 6’3” and although not a big lad he’s fairly solid looking. His beautiful watch just looks a bit silly on him sadly.

1 Like

My eyes aren’t good enough for much below 40mm mainly due to my glasses being for longer distance which makes trying to make out details close up headache inducing.
That, and I’m a fat bastard.

And yet for a few decades 34mm diameter was considered plenty big enough.

1 Like

36mm datejust is my favourite watch

It’s not that small

1 Like

It’s interesting we’re talking about size (fnar) because I find myself drawn to this and, at 37mm, it would be the smallest watch I’d have :thinking:

4 Likes

36 is a gentleman’s timepiece

2 Likes