Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Yeah he judges how many orders he can fulfill in a week or two and then shuts up shop until they’ve been sent out.
So he doesn’t have people waiting months for his wares.
Does add to the ‘cachet’ of the brand though.

1 Like

Not knocking him. I don’t actually know how long the site is down. Just noticed after reading the forum that it’s not always open. I’ve looked on there a few times but now I suddenly notice a few that I really like, plus this salmon dial!

Choices.

1 Like

Just read some more of the forum posts and it seems people get whipped up into a frenzy trying to buy the latest releases lol

I could have a real problem choosing now. That salmon dial is right up there.

Did he say around £295? That sounds alright!

1 Like

Surely.

He’s been opening once a month - for as long as it takes to sell 250 items - on a Sunday afternoon…

Unconventional to say the least, but as I say, he’s not been well enough to do more - it’s not the selling, it’s all the QA-ing, testing, packing and posting that has to be done.

You’re always between a rock and a hard place with a one-man-band business - get to a certain size and you start needing employees, premises, &c - turns into a whole new nightmare.

He’s happy enough as-is, take-it-or-leave-it etc., but the moaning from some wannabe punters is epic :laughing:

Sign-up for the Timefactors newsletter - you get reliable warning of when the next sales window comes up, then get what you want in your basket just before the 2pm kickoff and check straight out at 14:00.01 - usually does the trick!

2 Likes

I’ve signed up. Will see how it goes.

1 Like

Having had a few tz watches on the bench, they aren’t the normal at the price point.
Standard small watch brand at that price point would give the design to China of the look and they make and design it. This usually means poorly thought out case design inside and movement spacers/clamps of low quality to just use up existing case tubes, seals, rings etc.
But he clearly designs or has someone design them inside out and they are really well thought out and well made for the price. Nothing off shelf other than the movements.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

He often puts-up his ‘blueprints’ on the forum, and you’re right, he specs every tiny detail back-of-fag-packet stylee then has someone who really knows what they’re doing draw-up the CAD sheets for it all. Since Kemmner in Germany packed it in, I believe it’s mostly made in HK or Singapore now, but the quality is, if anything even better, and he still orders things like bespoke movements - there’s a very nice centre-minutes chronograph coming later this year or early next with a one-off ETA movement. The quality for the price is remarkable, and a lot of his stuff fetches more secondhand on ebay than its retail price.

1 Like

The ceramic Hydroconquest is on my long-term lust-list :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Want

1 Like

Pure Magnificence - finally Boamigo have a worthy competitor :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is that bezel made from a kit-kat wrapper? :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Even twilight activates this better than a lamp

5 Likes

An AP i really like.

2 Likes

Very nice!
I wondered what such a thing would cost.
The AP website shows the same price for both the steel and gold versions (£41,200 inc VAT), which must be a mistake.

Then adds this

“Non-binding recommended public price in Great Britain (VAT included). Authorised retail dealers are free to set the resale price to their customers.”

1 Like

Loving that case.

Seems low compared to what I thought.

But set what price you like lol

1 Like

Almost as much as my 1st flat.

1 Like

At least it will be the dealers raking it in rather than flippers. Wonder how many kick backs go back to AP too, ummmm, secure a supply😁

1 Like

No it won’t.

Grey market prices for AP are much higher than retail.
WoS quote AP RRP on their website

My current fave the SS Jumbo thin is £26,400 RRP

Grey Market they are £65K to £75K

1 Like