Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

haha cock and balls at 12 o’clock

AA special edition one.

3 Likes

I love it, less than 400 notes and a follow on to previous Seiko field watches.

Use the hour hand and the sun to determine North, rotate the compass inner bezel to navigate your way out of the desert. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Mundane movement, but upside of 4R36 is you may as well bin and replace as actually service it.

Glass instead of sapphire is a bit meh. Actually acrylic would suit best.

Going to wear big - 43mm and all-dial will look like a dinnerplate on-wrist.

Defo best on the canvas/nylon.

But I like it, cool design, and cheap-as-chips.

Oh yes - back is nice too -

1 Like

Mmm. I hadn’t clocked that, no pun intended. After many years of 44+ I’m not really that guy any more.

1 Like

I have a couple of Seikos. For build quality, they should be priced with the Russians. But they aren’t. So no.

2 Likes

Motoring tie-up watches are all too often lumps of cringe, notwithstanding that I own and love two of them… But when it’s Ettore Bugatti’s own design from waybackintheday of beautiful blue racing-Bugattis, then it gets very forgivable - and for once the bracelet just Makes it for me, the tiny 24mm width, a bit less-so -

(yes it’s upside-down)

Now if I was CEO of largely-forgotten-and-overlooked Mido - lost in the forest of Swatch Group brands and not even officially represented in the UK - I’d be in talks with VAG about a licensing agreement for a 2021-sized reissue of some kind…

2 Likes

Some of the panel will like it today, then hate it tomorrow.

Corum Rolls Royce

4 Likes

That is an insult to my eyes. I presume they sell loads in Qatar?

2 Likes

My previously battered and scratched Milgauss, superbly re-finished by Dom:

14 Likes

It looked like this before:

4 Likes

Remind me to steer clear of you in the moshpit.

1 Like

Money well spent, I’d say.

1 Like

spew_stalin

Do Corum make anything that isn’t hideous?

I only worked on one golden bridge, but I fell in love with it will servicing the movement. Then after polishing it I tried it on and immediately fell out of love with it :sob: I don’t want to see my wrist hairs more than the movement

3 Likes

Nothing compared to the horrors I get from people who use them to hammer in tent pegs or something

Fair point they are kinda cool, and I like the glasshouse case, but Minase do that better imho

1 Like

And rolls would have approved this. Mind you, their 4x4🤮

1 Like

The Corum was introduced in 1970. At the time, Rolls-Royce offered the Silver Shadow I (2- or 4-door) and the Phantom VI. Elegant and restrained cars vs terrible, blingy watch. Most odd. :thinking:

Love these. Not seen this one before but :heart_eyes:

1 Like