Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

If he can afford one as his daily beater, his collection might be BTK…

At £100 per hour it probably is!

2 Likes

In Turkey a few years ago the local market traders were selling Grand Seiko, with the tag.
Genuine fake, no crap, good shit.
Almost made me want to buy one.

So…

It’s been nagging away at me for a while and there is a suggestion that- due in no small part to its deeply marmite nature- it is set to be discontinued. So I bit the bullet and took advantage of two years interest free. This means I won’t be buying a ZRC any time soon so @coco can pull his finger out and buy one.

13 Likes

Those clamps on the case are part of the ratchet system for the bezel?

I can see why it would be a bit marmite as it’s very different looking. Though it doesn’t look strange when on wrist.

¡Ay, caramba! Nice!

Also, what is

please?

Yes- it’s based on a prototype built to a US Navy request in the sixties- some info HERE. On the modern production version, only the top clamp actually clamps.

It strongly divides opinion. I really like it; it’s large and oddly shaped like me.

@Gyroscope BEHOLD! Pete and I have been goading each other about it. I’m going for this so he can go full Frog.

3 Likes

The PO1 does divide opinion.
For some it is an under the radar model which will see a huge amount of interest once it is discontinued.
For others …

A bit big for my small to average wrists, it certainly has it’s own identity!

Lol, there can only be one movement, not that he’s going to tell us. Apparently NASA used quartz watches too.

X-33.

2 Likes

Like that

Love it. This and the North Flag are the most interesting things Tudor have done in recent times.

1 Like

I really like that bezel design. Just that fucking stupid shaped hour hand I can’t get away with.

2 Likes

Yes, but I rather think that famous watch wasn’t. Read the watch 21 shite, you’ll see what I mean.

I did look, but gave up. But any excuse to post a photo of an Omega space watch I’m there.

Interesting that Tudor have turned the clock back and chosen to go with non metal enclosed indices :+1:

For all you budding Ninja out there… Ceramic

5 Likes

Lovely Ed, enjoy!

I love the bezel clamp idea. :+1:

1 Like

This is causing me problems in the trouser area.

1 Like

2 Likes