Company car or allowance?

Will be German. No question. :slight_smile: Japanese cars are a wee bit cramped :wink:

Feed your inner cunt and buy an Audi.

2 Likes

James will get a BMW 5 of some description.
it does not matter if there are better (for him) cars out there he has set his heart on one.
He is already imagining himself driving one and already imagining parking it at the Golf Club :grinning:

he has probably already picked the colour.

4 Likes

The new 5 series looks lovely. I’d be tempted, but I’m hanging on to my diesel while the all-electrics develop a bit further.

FFY

1 Like

I’m hanging onto my petrol until it breaks badly enough. Little fucker just keeps on going. Looks like I may be able to hold off replacing it until the battery charging infrastructure is actually pretty good!

Never mind the car, that sounds like a major quality-of-life upgrade :+1:

3 Likes

I will tell you more when I’m allowed to. Certainly less time behind the wheel will be great.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to open a separate thread to let us all help you choose the new car :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes and don’t forget to adjust the seat before making an rash decisons about leg room.

Hahahahahaha…funny. Yeah.

3 Likes

Yes I like those :grin:

popc

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll do that. Yeah.

Fucking cunts. hahaha

3 Likes

By the way, I’ve pretty much decided to go and buy something cheap and save up as per @gthang 's advice.

But as Mark rightly says, that new 5 series is gert lush! So tempting it hurts.

3 Likes

Just ensure there is space for the clubs in the boot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Baby Seal season already, eh?

1 Like

:+1:

3 Likes

Been inspired to do some more maths and deeply investigate the cost differences. With the new job (yes, I have a new job after 23 years here!) I will be driving fewer miles. However, will be expected to turn up in something decent looking. Second hand E class, on a 15 plate would be minimum i’d want. Also, I’m just too fucking freakishly huge for a cheap run around, I’ve been trawling the s/h car supermarkets, and can’t get in anything much, so the Gthang method is pretty much out of the window…

Anyway, pricing it up, I’d be about £140 a month better off driving my own, s/h Merc or 5 series, than driving a brand new Company E or 5.

My feeling is it only needs one serious fault on a car of that level to wipe out the difference.

Also, I’m fucking useless with my own money. Chances are any major faults would end up on a credit card. Been there, don’t need it. For £140 a month I get in a brand new car and all the problems are someone elses.

Can anyone talk me out of it?

1 Like

Honda c90

1 Like

avoid the risk would be my call, had CC for years, it’s nice when it needs new LARGE tyres for example

1 Like