Company car or allowance?

In Pete’s car maybe but what about yours? :smiley:

8 Likes

The more miles you do, the less your own car makes sense, due to deprciation & maintenance. Also you have to factor in the ‘worry’ of owning your own car (or so my staff tell me when getting tyres for their cars etc…). :rofl:

1 Like

Fucking hell, it’s like the past 100 posts never happened.

3 Likes

Ahem,
I take you back to my post 9 days ago :grin:

1 Like

Yep - thread continues until OP convinces himself to do what he wanted to do in the first place - viz. all forums, ever.

1 Like

7 series depreciates much more and can be a great used buy

1 Like

So why do you think it depreciates so much? :thinking:

Because it’s huge and all huge cars depreciate like a stone? Huge cars are often exec cars on pcps and are changed after 3 years.

This. Luxo-barges are popular with conservative company types, but they always buy new. Private buyers who are prepared to take on big running costs usually want more trendy SUV type vehicles. So an X5 holds its value while a 7-series doesn’t.

7-Series, XJ, S-Class etc make great second-hand buys, but can get VERY spendy if something breaks.

1 Like

Yup. Mate bought a 3 year old 7 series. It developed a weird fault where it would cut out. He spent £3k trying to fix it and was unable to. He sold it on.

He replaced it with an X5 which has just had to have a new engine (luckily BMW paid). Just before that he spent £2.5k on it.

You might want to avoid buying yourself a BMW.

1 Like

Or listen to other anecdotes.

2 Likes

If you really hate driving buy a Merc.

1 Like

If you are tall, don’t buy a BMW as they are bloody uncomfortable.

I love BMWs, but they and other German cars are not that reliable anymore. That’s not an anecdote it’s a fact.

1 Like

If you’re going to buy a car yourself a second hand car Skoda or Japanese would be good choices. Of course Skodas are VW / Audi but seem more reliable.

www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/driver-power/867

My car (BMW) has never been in the garage for a single thing other than a scheduled service in 4.5 years.

It is both (1) a fact and (2) an anecdote and I take it as such. So should you.

I’m pleased to hear it.

Yeah well on using your standard of statistical analysis, I just undermined your fact.

Calm down dear.