Cooker needed

We have a AEG cooker with an induction hob, it is excellent, the Smeg that we had before this one was 50% more expensive and a total piece of shit.

3 Likes

:frowning_face:

I have continuity so it looks like the element is OK.

Not sure I want to delve any deeper

3 Likes

Bought a curry’s budget range cooker
Utter wank

AEG with 20% off code for the win …

3 Likes

Quite liked the look of this as part of a kitchen refurb -

But SMEG :weary:

Might keep my Neff instead.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nearly there

Ceramic or Induction hob?

Having used both I prefer gas, but if i had to choose I’d go for induction. Need to be very careful on high heats or you will get hot spots and ruined frying pans. Start low and get hotter don’t start on top heat. Fine if the pan is full of liquid but I ruined a couple of pans getting too hot too quick in localised areas.

1 Like

Perfect forum answer!
Buy something else :grin:

(thanks for the hotspot comments on induction though :+1:)

3 Likes

FYI Kev … How to Ruin a Matfer Carbon Steel Pan - YouTube

:flushed:

Thanks Rog

(I think)

1 Like

Gas for the win

1 Like

I am coming round to that way of thinking

More expense, more faff, more analogue, more fancy pans… You know you need Putins cloud juice.

1 Like

Gas = less efficient, slower to heat up, far harder to clean, wasted heat makes kitchen unbearable in summer.

1 Like

Bakeoff sofa emptying: yes.
Cooking: no.

1 Like

Seems that the hot spot issue on induction is due to the size of the coil.
If the coil is big enough to cover the base of the pan then the heat is uniform.
I have had a look at the specs but I think the size quoted is the size of the ‘ring’ not the size of the coil.

This is not an issue with pans with eater in them so it may be that all I need to do is use ny carbon steel pan on the biggest ring to get the most even coverage and not use it on high setting.

Ignorance really is bliss, I have never had any issues with the ceramic hob on my old cooker but the discolouration on the carbon steel pan is not even, but there are no warping issues either.

This is definitely a consideration.

1 Like

Save a bit of money on a highly rated cooker.

1 Like

AEG and Zanussi are the same company with Electrolux :+1:

1 Like