Corporal punishment

Have you ever been caned at school?

2 Likes

More than a few times!

2 Likes

Yes, most weeks.

2 Likes

Our headmaster was a kindly soul, he would allow you to choose which cane to use on your clenched buttocks. In hindsight, the belief that the thin one had less contact area and would therefore be less painful was wrong.

3 Likes

Our headmaster was about 6"-4", we were caned on the hands. The on only time it really bothered me was when I had 6 in the morning and another 6 in the afternoon, that really did smart.

1 Like

No,
Got the ‘ruler’ a few times at primary school but corporal punishment was officially banned at my senior school.
Unofficially got battered by all sorts of implements but no canes.

Cane, slipper, sawn off cricket bat…you name it :unamused:

3 Likes

We had one teacher who used to cruise the class room with a piece of 2x1 with a handle carved into it. He’d come up behind you when you were sitting at your desk and whack you across the knuckles. He was a cunt

2 Likes

Does a blackboard duster in the side of my head count ?

2 Likes

I used to duck those!

1 Like

The woodwork teacher dabbled in carving and in reverse he carved ’ the board of education ’ on a rounders bat. A rub of the chalk duster and a thwack to the arse left you with quite an indelible ’ board of education ’ printed across your trousers.

4 Likes

Happy days :roll_eyes:

:+1:

When I was in school in Ireland one of the priests (Fr. Dillon) had the title of Dean of Discipline. He was a nasty fucker. But not as nasty as Fr. Little who really was a sadistic cunt - favourite was a crack across the back of the head with a leather-bound Bible. I was 9/10 years old when that happened!

This was the weapon of choice for the teachers in Glasgow

Problem was…I was a smoker, which was very much frowned upon.

Nobody told me that one of the worst side effects of smoking was an extremely sore backside :joy:

5 Likes

Small man syndrome?

Fortunate to be in school after that lot. Only equivalent was the physics teachers who thought it was funny to write Planck on a long length of wood.

No. He was way over 6ft

1 Like

Ah yes, psychopaths torturing children. Happy days :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I guess you’ve missed the word irony ?