Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

“It was perfect until I decided to improve it.” :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Ha! Yeah, pretty much! :grin:

Well, I got my grinder stuck shut by being too heavy handed when deciding to go as fine as possible to work up from (@Wayward I’m blaming you here). Back and forth from their customer services and I scratched all the inner part trying to use some pliers by ramming them inside and trying to force the mechanism open (didn’t work). Only superficial though and eventually, after leaving it alone a week and coming back to it, I felt a bit of play and managed to release it by hand.

Back trying to dial it in. I think I need to buy a few different beans to see whether what I am tasting is related to bean or grin or who know what variable (seems never ending for working this shit out).

I used a slighting finer grind yesterday and today and I think it’s more to my liking but still feel it could be better, though is it the bean? as I bought a bean saying it tasted very sweet. Will keep experimenting.

Eh?! ‘Fine’ for filter coffee should be nowhere near the full extent the grinder can go. :grimacing: The grind should look like sea salt or sharp sand.

Yes but I wanted to go as far as I could, just to see what the grind looked like, and I seemingly turned the dial a bit fast and hard lol

I’m currently at a number 6 out of 10 on the dial, so have not actually used anywhere near the finest setting. I think this setting might actually be a bit too fine. Still getting there.

Haha, the ‘worry force’ is strong on this one!
Use the force Wayward! Go deep Wayward!

Solder (lead free) some longer legs on an old Hi-end audio vacuum tube😃

1 Like

:joy: Yeah, I watched his video about grinding for espresso after posting last night. The finer you go the more possible channeling becomes, apparently. :grimacing: This morning however, I’ve made 3 cups and got the shot time back up. Different bean though, so anxiety not quite subsided. :joy:

1 Like

Have you got one of those wire scalp massagers?
Might give some relief :slightly_smiling_face: or make you feel weird.

The deep wire WDT makes perfect sense.

Flow very bean and roast dependant.

I’ve very much enjoyed my coffee this morning without really knowing what I’m doing!

I have discovered coffee bags. :grin:
A full mug of nice coffee, with no faff.

3 Likes

No I hadn’t but my WDT is some pins in the end of a cork :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Enjoy your ban. :skull:

5 Likes

Not sure if that makes much difference, or if any of it makes much difference tbh :joy:. The shot time thing could be user error!

Wayward by name Wayward by coffee rituals :smiley:

1 Like

Wait til he discovers instant.

3 Likes

Did they have that in 1973?

Except it is shit coffee,
I have had to put up with them for the last three days and they are only marginally better than the tar scrapings from motorways that Starbucks use to make theirs.

1 Like

Hey, it’s better than Nescafe. I’ve never had really nice coffee outside of Italy.

There is a whole subset of shit coffee that is better thaan Nescafe

You need to befriend James Hoffman😃