Covfaffe - the road to despair, calling at futility and disappointment

Have been looking at those…

1 Like

I won’t buy coffee in 150g bags.
Firstly it is to disguise that are asking £30 for a 250g bag and secondly that by the time you have grind dialled in you are over a third of the way through the bag

3 Likes

I bet they’re good though…

1 Like

It’s not for me, it’s for my B-i-L, who is pretty keen on coffee, and there was a secret santa budget to stick to.

2 Likes

They will be good. I think they have a following who know their beans and wouldn’t pay for it if it wasn’t.

1 Like

Ran out of coffee a few days ago and my order from Cast Iron Coffee Roasters is held up in the post, so I thought I’ll just pick something up from the supermarket.

This says bold and dark roast. Made first cup and is smelled a bit burned/strong. On tasting though it isn’t bitter and very easy to drink. I was wondering if I’d done something wrong as it just didn’t seem to have much flavour. Will have to see what I think of this as I go through it.

It was probably roasted months ago.

Ah, no doubt. I just got it to have something to be honest but it’s still strange to me. Beans have this shiny ‘wet’ look to them as well, strange.

That’s the oils coming out of them. Happens to dark roast beans

1 Like

Mickey Mouse What GIF

Yes, sorry. Twenty lashes incoming.

Picked these up from Royal Mail today. Just opened the packet and these smell amazing, going to try a cup now and see what I think of this Ethiopian stuff.

Has it got a roast date on it?

29/11.

First cup was nice. Will need to have more but is probably my favourite so far.

Should be ok. :ok_hand:

Would’ve had it sooner if it hadn’t been held up with Royal Mail and then I also missed it when they tried to deliver.

Though I can’t remember what is best with how long to wait after roasting. I just drink it when I get it, no messing.

It’s more that it needs time to de-gas.

Yeah, it’s the important details that I can’t remember haha

Cake was remembered though.